Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

From Eclipse Pro to Blade 4
Took up darts 3 months ago.  First board I got was an Eclipse Pro because I found one new for $22.  It was a fairly nice board, but had dull colors and was beginning to show some wear after just a couple of months of play.

I've spent a lot of time here on DNF and enjoy reading all the opinions and experiences that you guys share.  Clearly the Blade 4 is the most popular board, wouldn't you agree?
So I got one.  Wow, nice colors.  Softer board and nicer looking too, seems to be of higher quality for sure.

Two issues I'm having are;
1.  24g darts thrown with "normal" arc and velocity often go in all the way up to the barrel.  The board is very soft in spots.
2.  I have many more bounce outs off the wire than I did with the Unicorn.  And the bounce outs can fly back almost to the oche!  This is a little disappointing.

So, I like the board.  Seems to be of good quality and looks nicer .... but fairly frequent, extreme bounce outs off the wire are a little dangerous and they hurt your scoring.
Just my thoughts and experiences.  What say you?
I see posts on here about bounce outs on blade 4s - never owned one but have played on at least 10 different ones in pubs during league matches and never noticed any difference in terms of bounce outs between them and the eclipse pro i use at home
i personally do think you get a few more bounceouts from blade boards than eclipse pro's. i certainly would not say its a massive issue, but i have always found i get more with a blade, due the the shape of the spider. no doubt though that overall the winmau boards are way better than the unicorn ones. they are a little softer than some other boards too. the blade 4 dual core (due to the more dense under layer) plays much firmer than the standard blade 4
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-19-2016, 05:02 PM)rich345 Wrote: i personally do think you get a few more bounceouts from blade boards than eclipse pro's. i certainly would not say its a massive issue, but i have always found i get more with a blade, due the the shape of the spider. no doubt though that overall the winmau boards are way better than the unicorn ones. they are a little softer than some other boards too. the blade 4 dual core (due to the more dense under layer) plays much firmer than the standard blade 4

I agree with your assessment completely.  Trouble is deciding what board I should get next.  I like the quality, look, and sisal of the Winmau, but I think I preferred the spider of the Unicorn.
Blade 4 dual core is the best board out in my opinion
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The target and the one80 are also very good. The one80 and the Bulls advantage 3 are firmer boards as is the blade 4 dc

I have a Puma 'Bandit' board...i think they are now rebranded as Shot Bandits...i must have got old stock from a sporting goods store that does'nt move alot of darting stock....Anyway my board is super sweet,very few bounce outs and new smooth unscuffed points on 24g darts down to 20g stick nicely...never had darts fall out and i'm a pretty light thrower.Sisal healing is rapid also,some beds look like they have never been hit even though dozens upon dozens of darts have. Great board,great colours,great quality.
I have found I get more bounce outs with the Blade 4 I'm using at the moment than ever did with my G2 but used "christmas" gift card to buy it from Argos as I was waiting vainly for the G3 release.
Should have bought another G2 and saved the gift card. Hey ho its a great board for less than £20 though a little soft.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(02-28-2016, 05:30 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I have found I get more bounce outs with the Blade 4 I'm using at the moment than ever did with my G2 but used "christmas" gift card to buy it from Argos as I was waiting vainly for the G3 release.
Should have bought another G2 and saved the gift card. Hey ho its a great board for less than £20 though a little soft.

My experience with the B4 is similar to yours.  Very nice board, but a little soft, and the bounce-outs off the wire are a bit too frequent.
My next board will be a BanditPlus, a B4DC, or a Gladiator 2/3 if they ever become available in the US (at a fair price).
(02-29-2016, 03:00 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 05:30 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I have found I get more bounce outs with the Blade 4 I'm using at the moment than ever did with my G2 but used "christmas" gift card to buy it from Argos as I was waiting vainly for the G3 release.

My experience with the B4 is similar to yours.  Very nice board, but a little soft, and the bounce-outs off the wire are a bit too frequent.
My next board will be a BanditPlus, a B4DC, or a Gladiator 2/3 if they ever become available in the US (at a fair price).
I've become a fan of the Alien boards and have one right now as my go to board in my man cave.   I went with a Winmau Blade 4 out of nostalgia about 18 months ago and almost immediately regretted it.    The board I got didn't heal like I had gotten use to with the Alien.  It showed every dart that ever struck the board and the holes would not close up like the Alien did.   Then there was the issue with more bounce-outs.   I remember one day a buddy and I played on the Blade 4 for a couple hours and between us we had several bounceouts each, and that was pretty frustrating.

I get my Alien boards from A-Z Darts for about $70 shipped and it gets to my house in less than a week of ordering it.   I am jealous of the UK members with their choice of boards and the much lower prices they pay for them, but shipping one from there would not be feasable.
(02-29-2016, 03:29 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:

I've become a fan of the Alien boards and have one right now as my go to board in my man cave.   I went with a Winmau Blade 4 out of nostalgia about 18 months ago and almost immediately regretted it.    The board I got didn't heal like I had gotten use to with the Alien.  It showed every dart that ever struck the board and the holes would not close up like the Alien did.   Then there was the issue with more bounce-outs.   I remember one day a buddy and I played on the Blade 4 for a couple hours and between us we had several bounceouts each, and that was pretty frustrating.

I get my Alien boards from A-Z Darts for about $70 shipped and it gets to my house in less than a week of ordering it.   I am jealous of the UK members with their choice of boards and the much lower prices they pay for them, but shipping one from there would not be feasable.

The Alien is the Bandit Plus?  Yes?
My uncle has a Blade 4 DC but as other people are saying it is VERY soft, even my 16.5g's are almost completely in the board and I don't have a hard throw at all. Haven't encountered much bounce out's while playing on it though.

the blade 4 DC has the same spider as the blade 4, so you will see the same amount of bounceouts as you are getting now.

(02-29-2016, 04:15 PM)rich345 Wrote:

the blade 4 DC has the same spider as the blade 4, so you will see the same amount of bounceouts as you are getting now.
Why not try the Target Pro Tour if it is in the US?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
[quote pid='284209' dateline='1456789191']
[quote pid='284056' dateline='1456758950']
[quote pid='284032' dateline='1456754426']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Why not try the Target Pro Tour if it is in the US?
[/quote]

I asked for opinions  and Someone here on DNF had a bad experience with the Target PT board.  Nobody thought it was as good as the B4.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blade 5 vs. Blade 5 dual core MrStair 18 1,090 10-29-2020, 09:41 PM
Last Post: blink180
Shocked Is this particular new Unicorn eclipse HD2 worth buying? Kipras Rackauskas 14 1,408 04-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Paldini-fc
  Unicorn eclipse pro Jakey32 9 1,049 01-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jakey32
  Gladiator 3 vs blade 5/blade 5 dc Jared Thomas Webster 19 9,106 07-31-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Unicorn Eclipse HD PDC Dart Board Daddy 9 2,854 12-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
Thumbs Down Unicorn Eclipse HD 221b 28 5,017 09-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Joene
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro,,,,, 0ldjoblo 15 3,714 09-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Milkysunshine
  Unicorn eclipse hd 182Dan 25 4,669 09-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Blade4 vs Eclipse pro josh93 16 5,946 06-14-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Dorian
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro. Milkysunshine 30 6,504 02-14-2014, 06:14 PM