Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

L style flight life
I was wondering how long your L style flights last you.  I have been getting about a month out of mine, I have been tearing a few by the flight protector part of the flight.  This is my third month of using the L-style system, still on the original stems and caps, but third set of flights (teardrops).  I don't know if it's the teardrop shape, as my dad uses standards and he is still on his first set after three months.  I'm using 21g Priestley's which I know have the lip on the bottom of the barrel.  I recently tried tridents for the first time, which seemed to help the marks on the flights, but I tore the tridents up in about 2-3 days.  How long should tridents last?  I'm not a huge fan of storm points so I'm not really looking to change points.  Is there anything else I should be looking into or that may help?  I'm really liking the L-style but is it worth the money on the flights if I'm only getting a month, or is a punch with normal flights more effective?
Thanks,
Kevin
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

I'm getting 2-3 months out of my L-Style but i use Storms and spinner shafts
(02-18-2016, 05:20 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I'm getting 2-3 months out of my L-Style but i use Storms and spinner shafts

thanks. Are you using the L-style spinners?
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

(02-18-2016, 05:26 PM)ks99dime Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 05:20 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I'm getting 2-3 months out of my L-Style but i use Storms and spinner shafts

thanks. Are you using the L-style spinners?

Yes i'm using the Carbon spinners, i find the regular spinner shafts get a side to side wobble to them
ks99, I'm curious, and not meaning to be negative in any way, but how did you tear up the tridents? Any photos of your flights and tridents?
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-18-2016, 05:31 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: ks99, I'm curious, and not meaning to be negative in any way, but how did you tear up the tridents? Any photos of your flights and tridents?

I honestly have no idea only like have of them are left on the dart. They seem to fit better on my customs (tapered nose) then the Priestley's. I can take some pics and upload them on Saturday. It's at the bottom of the tridents, little pieces missing and stuff and all banged up. A picture will help cause I'm not describing it well at all haha.
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

I think it would!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Did a Google search and have not heard of tridents being torn.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Tridents will get chewed up from the wires after all there plastic
(02-18-2016, 05:37 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Tridents will get chewed up from the wires after all there plastic, if your playing on a steel tip board

So are they more for soft tip players then? I wasn't sure if it was wires or just hitting flights and getting deflections.
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Ahh, the cone/apex part of the tridents, the skinny part then! That makes sense Crusher! And I would think if you're using the boards with the razor spiders, it makes it worse. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-18-2016, 05:39 PM)ks99dime Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 05:37 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Tridents will get chewed up from the wires after all there plastic, if your playing on a steel tip board

So are they more for soft tip players then? I wasn't sure if it was wires or just hitting flights and getting deflections.

tridents are for steel tip i assume as soft tip points are usually tapered, they will help but with plastic hitting steel all the time they do get chewed up and why you get i think it's 9 on the lil star
(02-18-2016, 05:40 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Ahh, the cone/apex part of the tridents, the skinny part then! That makes sense Crusher! And I would think if you're using the boards with the razor spiders, it makes it worse. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ya I use the blade 4. So they are pretty much a waste then it seems. I just don't know if its worth to keep spending $5-8 on flights or just punch and use regular. I may try the spinners I just don't know if I want to pay that much for the carbons.
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

I've had my carbons since the summer there still fine i paid about 20 Can for them, to me well worth it, but everyones expierences are different
I like the carbon spinners as well but found the new Target pro grip spinners and Harrows super grip spinners are very good with no wobble. Much cheaper than the carbons and are actually tighter
(02-18-2016, 05:45 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I've had my carbons since the summer there still fine i paid about 20 Can for them, to me well worth it, but everyones expierences are different

Ya I'm thinking of getting some, it's not so much the stems that are the problem, I would like to get more life out of the flights. I may try the spinners to see if that would help.
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 957 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF
  L style flight case Ed180 6 905 05-19-2018, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Ed180