Shot Darts

Alternative Light Conversion Points - The VIPERs
Not sure if many have seen my post about conversion points, but since they their usage appear to be gaining popularity, I thought I'd share a pretty good conversion point I have been using for awhile now.

While the Target TIs are eminently popular, they are just a shade above 1g. It appears that darters who want a lighter point had to look to the L Carbons which wear down at lightning speed, or the always out of stock Duralumin points at around 0.47 - 0.48g, of which some are soft enough to bend upon bounce-outs on concrete surfaces.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I tried the VIPER points and have been using them for sometime now, and these are probably the points I'm going to stick with as they are 0.7g each, and appear to be much harder then the Duralumin points (the ones that bend) I have. What is 0.3+g difference? Some will never feel it, but users of much lighter darts might as it does cause a shift in balance, and also those who want to practice on sisal for soft tips. 

The Vipers do NOT bend on bounce-outs, but you do get a slight flattening at the tip if it hits a concrete floor which can be quickly ground. I think one member mentioned it broke upon bounce-outs, but the ones I have are fairly recent, and could have been made from better raw materials or treated differently. They are around USD2+ per set and are usually available on ebay, or from US stores.

Hope this offers an alternative light-weight option for all ye converters!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Excellent post ,,,,I to have an assortment of these points,,,,,all Silver although they do come in Black as well,,,, My take on them is they are of some kind of lightweight cast aluminum with much thicker point that won't bend like the thin little counterparts,,,,The only little thing about these points for me is in the casting operation sometimes it can leave burrs in the seams were the molds came together ,,, it is so minute that you may find it on only 1 out of 6 points,,, ,,and since you already have the sand paper out ,, its a win win,,,,,+1
Thanks me8!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Might be different lots, but the ones I have look like as if they're extruded, or cast in one piece. I can't see any joint lines at all, but i think I know what you mean.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yes they are made of solid material but mine broke when it bounced off and hit the concrete floor. Nevertheless with the price as compared to Monsters and Cosmo points, they are really very practical to have for daily use.
Great post!
Thanks Larry.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edgar, stop chewing on them like how you chew your bamboo stems!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. But seriously, the newer batches might be better. One Cosmo point at 12.96 inc VAT can buy you like 7 or 8 sets of Vipers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Short Conversion Points LethalEagle 3 159 11-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Cosmo Conversion Points bending LethalEagle 6 334 09-30-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Alternative to storm points? MariusOveras 18 1,307 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Anyone tried Unicorn Sigma Ti conversion points - EDIT I bought some :) Humdinger 9 1,048 05-16-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Target 26mm Titanium Pro Grooved Conversion Points sandro-c 6 1,492 10-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: weswrestle10
  Lightweight conversion points Random Trebles 11 2,958 02-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Shotgun