Target Darts.

Outshots
Thinking about the low nineties...  one of the knocks on shooting at a triple  for 91-94 is the belief that you are forced to hit a triple if you miss the first dart.  It's not always true... eg. 92 as 60-32. Go 20 first dart, leaving 72, or 36-36 as two doubles.....

Has anyone seriously adopted going for two doubles with two darts in hand as opposed to a triple/double combination?

thanks.
(02-17-2016, 04:21 AM)BigE Wrote: Thinking about the low nineties...  one of the knocks on shooting at a triple  for 91-94 is the belief that you are forced to hit a triple if you miss the first dart.  It's not always true... eg. 92 as 60-32. Go 20 first dart, leaving 72, or 36-36 as two doubles.....

Has anyone seriously adopted going for two doubles with two darts in hand as opposed to a triple/double combination?

thanks.

92 I always plan 60-32, or 20,36,36 on d18. D18 is my favorite on the board.

93 or 91, it depends on what my opponent is on. I may go bull first dart depending.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
On 92 for me it depends where my first dart at the treble 20 lands. As my darts land flat and I like to stack, if the dart lands just below the treble 20 then I will try and stick one just on top of it to leave a shot at D6. Otherwise I would likely try the 2 D18's route
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

95-91 and my opponent is sitting on an out then I always go bull first. It increases my chances of at least getting a dart to finish the game. I use the double - double combination but in different situations.
(02-17-2016, 04:45 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: 95-91 and my opponent is sitting on an out then I always go bull first. It increases my chances of at least getting a dart to finish the game. I use the double - double combination but in different situations.

I wouldn't listen to shanesaw, he doesn't know what he's talking about Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-17-2016, 04:59 PM)eammoncass Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 04:45 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: 95-91 and my opponent is sitting on an out then I always go bull first.  It increases my chances of at least getting a dart to finish the game.  I use the double - double combination but in different situations.

I wouldn't listen to shanesaw, he doesn't know what he's talking about Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

lol I can't really argue with you there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yeah as Shanesaw says, 91-95 first at bull as I'm very confident of at least hitting the 25 giving me a chance to check out.

To make it clear, 92 left: bull-10-d16 or 25-t17-d8 / 25-17-bull. Hope that's clear lol
Yes. I'll give the double, double option a go quite often. A few people (2) in this thread have seen it pay off well several times Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Don't really go the double-double route as a matter of course.  However....

** Warning - this video contains some swearing and awful camera work **

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I'm a beginner, my ave. is about a 40+, and for me the double double route makes sense, if it is the right double.

Why? Because i dont hit the trebles constantly. But i work a lot on D16 (and following doubles D8, D4, D2) and D20 to be capable to finish legs. And because of that, right now, i have better odds trying D16 D16 at 64 left instead of T16 D8. Same with 80 left, D20 D20 is easier for me then T20 D10.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

(02-17-2016, 08:17 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Yes. I'll give the double, double option a go quite often. A few people (2) in this thread have seen it pay off well several times Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  501 - the set up and unusual but practical outshots KLFToronto 1 126 11-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Last Post: DartCat