Harrows Darts.

Found me old Steels!
If you knew me when I first joind this forum, I mentioned that I couldn't find my old steel tip darts, so I bought a soft tip set since nearly 100% pubs and cafes here have switched to soft ...

Cut a long story short, i found them! Most of these were probably from before 1986 as I remember having entered the military in 85, and stopped playing before that. The non-premium Red Dragon darts were something like 2 or 3 GBP barrels alone with the bar wallet. RD offered me a discount of 50 p if I didn't want shafts and flights, or something to that effect, and everything was Cashier's or Postal Orders back then - no PayPal! Lol!

Let's say that in case you're wondering, they are all very heavily modified, but not too precisely I'm afraid (had a horrid drill back then). If what i recall is correct, here you'll see curves, scallops, sharks, micro sharks and step shoulders waaay before the darts manufacturers started offering them. Also the use of O-rings as positive grip stops before anyone thought of them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A closer view:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They even have their very own decades long surfaced grit texture except those I polished again.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My Slikstix + on the left which was once White! They last amazingly well after so many decades even though they've turned brown, and are now what I use. Got to get me more.

Before etched, grooved, knurled points came into existence ... and

Thanks for letting me show this, and having another blast from the past!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If you want to see close-ups of the individual darts, I'll post it up.

Cheers!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Proper box of darting memories for sure.?
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(02-16-2016, 08:01 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Proper box of darting memories for sure.?

Yeah ... I'd say!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

There's a John Lowe, Priestly, RD's version of Harrow's 'Assasins' and some i can't identify.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice find! Thank you for posting.

Well done on finding them - some interesting looking barrels in there
That's really cool!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Target Perfect Storm 22g  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Looks like someone owned a lathe! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Pretty interesting looking barrels there. Great post!!!
Ah nice! Musta felt so good finding all that after all them years!
Check out the new Bulls version of the Slik Stik they might just fit you,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That set in the top half of the dart case in the center with the bronze aluminum stems look gnarly.    Good find and some interesting shaped darts.
Way cool! Quite captivating. :-)
Thats great! thanks for sharing! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Some weird mods there though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-17-2016, 09:59 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Some weird mods there though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That is for certain! Lol!
wow. Great pictures and post!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin A Thank You, I think i've found the ones Xkyle813x 9 750 06-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: The G