Target Darts.

Scott Waites to appear on The Late Show in America
Darts star Scott Waites is heading to America to appear on one of the world’s most popular shows.

The two-time BDO world champion will be a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, which attracts three million viewers per night.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Actors Olivia Wilde, Kelsey Grammar, Patricia Heaton and legendary music producer Quincy Jones will also appear on the show.

Mr Waites, who works as a carpenter for Pennine Housing 2000 in Calderdale, will take on Mr Colbert in a special darts match.

Mr Waites said: “Researchers for the show contacted Pennine and a couple of other places trying to get hold of me.

“I was a bit dubious at first because you don’t expect one of the biggest shows in the states to want you to appear.

“But they’ve kept in touch and now my flights have been booked I know it’s legit and I’m really looking forward to it.”

The show is filmed at the famous Ed Sullivan theatre on Broadway in New York.

And Mr Waites, nicknamed Scotty 2 Hotty, is looking forward to promoting darts.

He said: “In America, the mainly play with rubber-tipped darts so it’s an opportunity for me to promote the sport over there.

“It’s going to be an amazing experience and it’s one I’m really looking forward to.”
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That mad. Fair play to the bloke
The Colbert Show is awesome. Do you have the date the show will air?
Indeed ... A date would be great .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Wow great news and kudos to Colbert's people to pursue it. You think maybe he is a darts fan?
Tonight

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the heads up, hamo.

Damn I'll have to drink some coffee to catch it. My usual time to collapse is a wee bit earlier
(02-16-2016, 02:27 AM)Cyanide Wrote: Tonight

Great .. Thanks

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 

Think it might end up on your YouTube channel? 

(for those of us who don't have a T.V)
(02-16-2016, 05:11 AM)davidsproull Wrote:

Think it might end up on your YouTube channel? 

(for those of us who don't have a T.V)

Nope. CBS might be pretty strict with their copyrights. But I'm sure it will be on Stephen Colbert's channel :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Although I would highly recommend not seeing it. Was awful x10.
Agreed, that was awful.

Why was it awful what happened?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Was nice in my opinion 
180-1(33)

Mad. Would have been nice if they took it more seriously, but it's just crazy to see the BDO World Champion on a huge American show like this.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau and Scott waites... Shima 5 1,328 04-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Shima
  Scott Waites Reflects On Life After Winning Second World Title hamo 8 3,419 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Banz
  BDO darts champion Scott Waites dropped by pub team hamo 3 1,165 01-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Gada