Target Darts.

A1 inspired Round the Clock
I was doing A1 and afterwards wanted to do just a simple Round the Clock on Singles and noticed that i was hitting them very badly. 
So it came in my mind to combine the A1 and Single´s Round the Clock. 

You have to get 2 Darts into each of the Bigger Single Segments to continue. So if u start and hit 2 1´s you move to 2´s and so on. I would recommend to throw all 3 darts at one number.

What do you think about it?
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
For me..i think its better if you stick on A1 Drill first...until you are already comfortable with the said Drill.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. you said you still are hitting it badly..so it means you still need to do it/practice more (A1)..no offense just trying to help.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. but i likeyour idea of A1 and RTC combined..
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
It was not the problem hitting the A1 numbers but the rest of the Board from 1 to 12 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But I know I need more practice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Mixing things up is fine but after You have done your regular drills FIRST!
I recall in FS that George said to finish your drill.
I did the modified drill throwing 3 darts at each segment and was on it for what seemed days with no sleep and no food. Just kidding but the routine was quite good for my practice
It is just an additional practice. Nothing against the FS drills Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-15-2016, 04:57 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I recall in FS that George said to finish your drill.
I did the modified drill throwing 3 darts at each segment and was on it for what seemed days with no sleep and no food. Just kidding but the routine was quite good for my practice

Which do you mean?

Well A1 is "Accuracy in Singles" so, in my opinion, it would be in the spirit of this drill if you wanted to expand it to all 20 numbers.

I'd still go with the concept of marks and moving on if I missed. If you're currently doing the numbers 20-13 with 5 marks per target that's a total of 40 marks. If you wanted to do 1-20 then the same number of total marks (40) would be two per target.

I don't know if there's a difference between hitting 8 numbers 5 times and 20 numbers twice. I guess George himself would need to comment on that...

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I thought I read in George's book that he said once you start a routine you should finish it. I mean really why start anything and leave it half done? If you only have 30 minutes then shoot the amount you can finish in that time?
But in reality maybe I was just dreaming?
(02-16-2016, 01:27 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I thought I read in George's book that he said once you start a routine you should finish it. I mean really why start anything and leave it half done? If you only have 30 minutes then shoot the amount you can finish in that time?
But in reality maybe I was just dreaming?

You're right, the drill should be completed. It's better to have fewer marks and complete than run out of time (or inclination) and bail out before the end.

My understanding here is that Eyebala can complete Flight School A1 as defined by George but has difficulty on the other numbers, which he found when trying Round The Clock. If that's the case then a 40 mark A1 drill using the numbers 1 to 20 should be able to be completed in whatever amount of time Eyebala has to practice. That is, instead of 5 marks of 20-15 and not "as well as".

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
You´re right.

But i just use this as kind of a warm up for A1 or as an addition to hit all numbers of the board at least twice.

(02-16-2016, 11:08 AM)Eyebala Wrote: You´re right.

But i just use this as kind of a warm up for A1 or as an addition to hit all numbers of the board at least twice.

It is your practice.  You can do as you please.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 darts/practice round: lazy or smart? holmesness 7 588 11-23-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Texas
  Round overclock Bloodycut 2 377 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Is Round the clock the best practice? Chipdiddytim 16 1,508 05-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Dorian
  My 1-20 Double/Treble 'Around the Clock' Routine Dorian 2 1,044 02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: BigE
  Round the clock anyone? Anabolic 5 1,435 12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Getagrip