Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Grip springs or lock rings??
Coming back for more advice as I have just ordered a flight punch.  I understand some prefer titanium rings and some find grip springs perfectly satisfactory.
What do you say?  Cheaper springs work fine, replace as needed ..... or get the rings for greater durability?  Thanks.
I use aluminum anodized rings mainly. Although this is purely for aesthetics, as I've never had issues with springs either personally.
(02-14-2016, 08:47 PM)MadMike4 Wrote: Coming back for more advice as I have just ordered a flight punch.  I understand some prefer titanium rings and some find grip springs perfectly satisfactory.
What do you say?  Cheaper springs work fine, replace as needed ..... or get the rings for greater durability?  Thanks.

See this thread

Springs or Clips (Rings)
may all the doubles be with you

I use the titanium slot locks. Haven't broke one... ever
The springs last surprisingly long.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
Check my signature, I also have a thread on the differences.
(02-15-2016, 02:21 AM)Regulatori Wrote: Check my signature, I also have a thread on the differences.

I have read that reg.  Great info there.  It helped me decide to try L-Style w/champagne.
Might also do some flight punching & rings.

So much to learn.  Thanks for your help.
I like the L Style rig. Holds the flights secure and keeps them at a 90 degree angle.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Springs work fine with punched flights & all the brands of plastic/nylon stems I've tried. If using titanium slot rings ( I've not used ally ones) try it on the stem without the flight & make sure the ring slides right down to the ridge at the tang/slot end as some generic ones it won't & the flights don't go right to the slot end & are difficult to fit in the correct position.
(02-15-2016, 06:00 AM)ranger86 Wrote: I like the L Style rig.  Holds the flights secure and keeps them at a 90 degree angle.

Do you use the L-Style with rings .... or the L-Style with caps?  Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Shell Lock Punch MariusOveras 8 961 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,678 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman
  Whiz Lock and L-Style Shell lock MadMike4 14 4,129 02-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Last Post: MadMike4