Target Darts.

Dart points and weights
Question 
I've been quite unlucky these past few months, buying darts of specific weight and getting lighter than the one specified in the box. One person I was trying to a set I got even told me, as a joke, that the approximate weight provided in the box was for the whole setup including the accessories. I've got two darts right now which go below my preferred weight, and I'm not too privy on practicing different weights from 22g. I've a Bull's Classic 95 which weighs in on 21g match weighed to .1 and Monster Barrels Design Wizard which weighs in on 20g. I plan to put tungsten putty on both, but it's pretty hard to find, not to mention you can only add at least a gram or two to hollow, spacious threads. Can anyone give me some sort of diagram on what points I can fit my darts in (at least for the Wizards) to set it up to 22g with the help of tungsten putty? For now, I think, the Wizards are fitted with its original 35mm points. Will fitting them with a longer point, say, 38mm add a bit more weight to it?
Plus, are storm points heavier than the average points? 
Thank you!
Match Darts: 
*Eric Bristow 22gR
Other darts I simply use for kicks: 
*Puma Robson Torquest 22g (same pins the Philippine #1 uses)
*Monster Barrels Design Helios 1 22g
*Winmax King 22g
*Alan Glazier Ton Machine 22g

I don't love long walks on beaches and not sitting around waiting for something to happen while using my computer
You'll find that soft tip darts and most of the Japanese darts, like your Monsters, come weighted as full setup; darts, points, stems and flights. Whereas most steel tip darts come weighted as barrels and points. There's a few threads on the forum on what to look out for when buying darts, but if you need info on a specific dart you are thinking of buying you can post on the forum and someone will help out
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

You can buy tungsten putty on Ebay under fishing bits & bobs, as stated Soft tip + some Asian manufactured darts are listed as the total weight, not just barrels, whatever points you choose to fit will not add the extra weight over the already fitted points you are trying to achieve with out some other means, the other point is adding tungsten putty either point or stem end will alter the balance of the dart, Don't know if this will be a problem ( Some darts are not drilled deep enough to add much weight via the putty route, 2 grm is a fair amount of putty to squeeze down a 2ba hole)
(02-15-2016, 09:59 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: You'll find that soft tip darts and most of the Japanese darts, like your Monsters, come weighted as full setup; darts, points, stems and flights.  Whereas most steel tip darts come weighted as barrels and points.  There's a few threads on the forum on what to look out for when buying darts, but if you need info on a specific dart you are thinking of buying you can post on the forum and someone will help out

I haven't been quite selective with adding darts to my collection. To the point that as long as it says 22g I would buy outright. I would be more careful next time knowing that two of my darts are weighted as whole setup. Thanks for the reply, sir!
(02-15-2016, 11:57 AM)Little al Wrote: You can buy tungsten putty on Ebay under fishing bits & bobs,  as stated Soft tip + some Asian manufactured darts are listed as the total weight, not just barrels, whatever points you choose to fit will not add the extra weight over the already fitted points you are trying to achieve with out some other means, the other point is adding tungsten putty either point or stem end will alter the balance of the dart, Don't know if this will be a problem ( Some darts are not drilled deep enough to add much weight via the putty route, 2 grm is a fair amount of putty to squeeze down a 2ba hole)

Yeah, I saw a thread here in the tutorials on how to add tungsten putty. Though I am roaving the whole fishing scene here in the country, I still think the best way to go is through ebay. Both of my 22g as a whole setup darts do have a somewhat hollow space through the 2ba thread, putting quite a lot of tungsten putty would change the balance of the darts. I wouldn't want to put these darts to waste and I'm quite unlucky selling these sets so I'd opt for the differing balance darts instead of letting them lay to rust in a box. Thanks for the reply, sir!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why change dart points? Sultan Pepper 47 5,828 10-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ADlister89
  Identify these mystery rotating dart points Maxfields 12 902 08-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  DART POINTS tiddler.tec 7 817 07-24-2018, 01:38 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Free: 1/4in to 2ba Conversion Add-A-Gram Weights vacation 3 459 05-31-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Dart points Dan Gerwen 1 750 04-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Will Target Diamond points fit my dart? glace 2 1,203 01-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Custom Made Darts
  How are dart points measured? chauncygreen 7 6,305 02-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: chauncygreen