Target Darts.

How many punch their flights?
How many of you Nutz prefer to punch your flights?  The main benefit of this is to secure the flight, are there other benefits or drawbacks?  Thanks
If I'm not using the Cosmo Fit system I do punch my flights.
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

^^^^ what he said. When Im not using fit system I do.

Benefits, flight doesn't pop off as much.

Downfall, might get some robin hoods.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(02-12-2016, 02:36 PM)Butkus Wrote: If I'm not using the Cosmo Fit system I do punch my flights.

Exactly the same here, I always use cosmo now but before I religiously used punched flights with the titanium slot locks
(02-12-2016, 02:45 PM)Bullzeye501 Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:36 PM)Butkus Wrote: If I'm not using the Cosmo Fit system I do punch my flights.

Exactly the same here, I always use cosmo now but before I religiously used punched flights with the titanium slot locks

Dang, everybody is using Cosmo!?  I just ordered up some L-Style stuff.
(02-12-2016, 02:54 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:45 PM)Bullzeye501 Wrote:

Dang, everybody is using Cosmo!?  I just ordered up some L-Style stuff.

Cosmo are a proper marmite kinda thing. I know plenty that love them, including myself, but I probably know more that hate them lol
I found I had many more Robin Hoods with the punched flights and rings holding them on the stems.   The point of a second or third dart would follow the flight and lodge between the flight and the ring.   I didn't have near as many damaged stems, but the rings took a pounding and often stretched out or broke.

And before anyone says my points were too sharp, I don't sharpen the points but scuff up the barrels for better grip.
I used to punch flights before going to L-Style

Personally I prefer L-Style... Cosmo is good, but I find that L-Style are higher quality. The flights for sure, but even the shafts don't break nearly as easily (carbon excluded)

Punched out and Titatium rings haven't had any problem with them. I did go to Cosmo but won't be keeping them after these flights shred like the others have.
(02-12-2016, 03:23 PM)Jugger Wrote: I used to punch flights before going to L-Style

Personally I prefer L-Style... Cosmo is good, but I find that L-Style are higher quality.  The flights for sure, but even the shafts don't break nearly as easily (carbon excluded)

You may have been one of the ones that helped me decide on L-Style.  I read a lot of opinions here on DNF and found people who loved Cosmo and others who had flight damage and shaft breakage issues and thought it was not a good value.  Pros and cons to all systems, and everybody has a personal preference.

I have spinning carbon L-Shafts, champagne flights and rings on the way.
I punch my flights . Makes a huge difference . Big improvement .
I have the Target punch .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I punch my Dart flights also..
 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Griff 10Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Griff 10
Always punch my flights really holds the flight on better
Board: blade 4 
Darts:RD 27g double 16 elite
Stems:RD short nylon ring grip
Flights: RD hardcore standard punched 
Ayup Comrade

Punched & springs for me.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Punch and springs for me too.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Shell Lock Punch MariusOveras 8 955 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  L-Style Champagne 'Punch'. DIY Video on Pg #2 Ancient Darter 15 3,695 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,671 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman
  Punched flights sans punch KCdartman 5 1,277 03-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: bk123456