Shot Darts

How to stop changing throw?
How to stop Changing throw all the time .That`s my biggest  problem. One day I throw in one way next day completely different. Serious problem ,but does it have solution?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have the same problem. One day I throw very nice darts and on other days i just can´t hit anything.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Ya easy dont throw different lol
Flight school.

i did some funny things while throwing and the A1 Drill seems to help.
i scored OK and developed a bad habit, doing 3 or 4 "pre-throws". darts going everywhere between 12 and 18.
4 Days A1 and i slowly come back to "aim-load-throw"

i still suck. but i look better. ;-)
Are you referring to "consistency"?

Continuous proper practice and patience mostly resolves this kind of issues.
Did you ever film your throw?

Try to see if you can capture yourself throwing well and throwing badly.

I found it helpful to work out a very deliberate, conscious way of throwing*. Consciously working out how I stand, how I grip the dart, how I aim, how I pull back, how I push through and how I follow through**. By knowing how all of these pieces should feel I developed an ability to get a workable throw going when it wasn't happening naturally.

*The idea here is not to throw like this all the time but have it as a reference when it's not coming naturally. I often hear players saying "what's going on?" when they throw badly. When it happens to me I can at least access robo-Banz mode and get some sort of throw going again until muscle-memory kicks in an it comes "naturally" again.

**Initially I needed to ensure grip, pull back and follow through were reset. The other parts seemed to work without conscious effort. Now I have grooved the the pull back so I only really need to make sure I am gripping right and following through.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Absolutely agree with Banz there, couldn't have said it better my self. There is no shortcuts to a consistent, repeatable throw, its deliberate work and effort, often involving no fun at all...
This is the real dilemma. You can't throw well unless you don't think about your throw, but you can't correct it without thinking about it. I believe it just must take very intense discipline in practice. Forcing yourself into the same motion every time. And hopefully, it will eventually become natural. This is what I am dealing with now. I am certainly putting in enough practice time, I just need a higher quality of practice. This comes down to discipline. Good luck.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

yes it is not easy to throw constantly the same way or to hold the darts on every throw in the right manner. I had the same problem but i focused a little bit more before i throw how i hold them and fixed it and practiced much time, and then one day it was no problem. i think it has much to do with practicing.
Practice more and focus... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Pick a stance you like, a grip you like, a dart you like practice, practice, practice.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick of losing? Stop practicing T20! Jugger 67 11,038 04-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  How to stop changing darts? Eyebala 56 7,849 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Changing throw Darts1234 0 432 07-31-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Darts1234