Shot Darts

Whiz Lock and L-Style Shell lock
these two look similar ...... are they interchangeable?
Mike do you ever read the forum lol ?
Smile 
(02-11-2016, 08:20 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Mike do you ever read the forum lol ?

Yes, I do.  Several hours a day!  I'm learning.  Now, can you answer my question? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Simple answer?

No

Not interchangeable. The whizlock system is cheaper and the better of the two imo.
(02-11-2016, 08:10 PM)MadMike4 Wrote: these two look similar ...... are they interchangeable?

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=11988
(02-11-2016, 08:30 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 08:20 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Mike do you ever read the forum lol ?

Yes, I do.  Several hours a day!  I'm learning.  Now, can you answer my question? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Don't get intimidated by Crusher17 MadMike4. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

He's a nice guy. . .sometimes!  Lol!!!
They are not, the holes and the caps are completely different sizes.
(02-11-2016, 09:49 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Not interchangeable. The whizlock system is cheaper and the better of the two imo.

I had both - really don't agree with you there - the whizlock is indeed significantly cheaper, however the Shell Lock does tighter holes with no gaps after the cap is fitted and the caps hold the flight tighter and provide additional support against deformations.
(02-12-2016, 12:36 AM)Gada Wrote: They are not, the holes and the caps are completely different sizes.

And the champagne ring is different also from both the whiz and the shell?
(02-12-2016, 12:17 AM)majeek Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 08:10 PM)MadMike4 Wrote: these two look similar ...... are they interchangeable?

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=11988

Thanks for all the info, everybody.  It's a confusing world out there.  
And very hard to choose between whiz lock, shell lock, Cosmos, Clic, L-Style etc.  As my grouping is getting better, I'm anxious to find a way to avoid some
deflections, robinhoods, flight damage, and chasing flights all over the room every other turn.
(02-12-2016, 01:10 AM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 12:36 AM)Gada Wrote: They are not, the holes and the caps are completely different sizes.

Yep - champagne ring - molded Flight Only, the top of the champagne ring is covered by a part of the flight, so it becomes one smooth shape.

I made a small video so you can see for your self, the molded flight also offers a small bit, that protects the champagne cap it self.

(02-12-2016, 01:28 AM)Gada Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 01:10 AM)MadMike4 Wrote:

Yep - champagne ring - molded Flight Only, the top of the champagne ring is covered by a part of the flight, so it becomes one smooth shape.

I made a small video so you can see for your self, the molded flight also offers a small bit, that protects the champagne cap it self.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtzyzfM...e=youtu.be]

I have ordered a few to try.  Thanks
(02-12-2016, 12:56 AM)Gada Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 09:49 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Not interchangeable. The whizlock system is cheaper and the better of the two imo.

I had both - really don't agree with you there - the whizlock is indeed significantly cheaper, however the Shell Lock does tighter holes with no gaps after the cap is fitted and the caps hold the flight tighter and provide additional support against deformations.

I also don't agree... at all actually.

I found the wizlock system was sloppy and didn't stay in place very well.  The L-style shell lock system is beautiful, once you put it together it almost acts like a molded flight setup.

Gada and Jugger have persuaded me to try L-Style

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Shell Lock Punch MariusOveras 8 961 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,678 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman
  Grip springs or lock rings?? MadMike4 9 2,276 02-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: MadMike4