Target Darts.

Moveable points? Anybody?
Any of you Nutz prefer or still using Power points, Hammerheads, or Voks??  Or have advancements in dartboard spiderwire made them pretty obsolete?
obsolete at this point imo
(02-08-2016, 02:56 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: obsolete at this point imo

I'm in the US.  I played a set of PowerPoints during my limited play in the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Just getting back into darts after more than 10 years away from it.
First set I bought .... new PowerPoints.  Now I see that almost none of you more serious players use them.
Using Voks Crossovers as my main set and have a back up set. I don't use them because of the movable point necessarily, but because AI really love the darts. I don't need to worry about spinning shafts with these either. And they do reduce bounce outs, regardless of the board.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I'm still using my Bottelsen Hammerheads i love the sound they make when they hit the board..I know it sounds crazy....
 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Griff 10Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Griff 10
I loved my ross montgomery moving point darts , wish i could find another set
I think the Voks points work great but whether they are needed with the higher tech boards is another debate, probably not.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I stopped using them when I bought my first knife wired board. The point of my Hammerheads when new show 24.70mm In and 29.7mm out.
Every time it hammered my wire
may all the doubles be with you

I still have my first, and only set of Power Point darts I ever bought.    They were a set of Eric Bristow Power Points I got sometime in the late 80's if memory serves me right.   

I will break them out for nostalgia every once in a while but my "go to" darts are fixed point and 3 grams heavier than what I threw then.
Gimmick or not ,,, the Harrows Power points are what I used on my 13 gram soft tip darts in the 90's,,,,much better than the spinning shafts of that era,,,,, I still have the same points today in my dart box,,,,they work even better today being broke in,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-08-2016, 03:21 PM)Del Wrote: I loved my ross montgomery moving point darts , wish i could find another set

I have a set if your interested ,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-08-2016, 05:14 PM)Cyanide Wrote: The UK pro's never needed them back in the day. Sure there might have been the exception or two but overall they weren't used. And the boards they played on were junk compared to today's boards.

They were just a gimmick that American's believed in and still do to this day.

Yeah, a gimmick. Just like spinning shafts. Thus the popularity of spinning Cosmos, L-Style, target, Harrows, Unicorn and all the others. I guess it isn't just us Americans eh?
Darts in Use:
STEEL
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
SOFT

(02-09-2016, 02:17 AM)jschwab Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 05:14 PM)Cyanide Wrote: The UK pro's never needed them back in the day. Sure there might have been the exception or two but overall they weren't used. And the boards they played on were junk compared to today's boards.

Yeah, a gimmick. Just like spinning shafts. Thus the popularity of spinning Cosmos, L-Style, target, Harrows, Unicorn and all the others. I guess it isn't just us Americans eh?

Spinning shafts are even more of a gimmick and no, I don't think they are popular. They might be popular with people who like to buy things and show them off on the internet, not so popular with professional darts players.... Maybe I'm wrong on that, feel free to post links to all the pros that use merry-go-round stems and I'll happily take back my comment.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
Oldjoblo , i may well just be , if you come to flog them i may be able to have them off you on payday , could you send me a pic please
(02-09-2016, 03:03 AM)FireInTheCity Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 02:17 AM)jschwab Wrote:

Spinning shafts are even more of a gimmick and no, I don't think they are popular. They might be popular with people who like to buy things and show them off on the internet, not so popular with professional darts players.... Maybe I'm wrong on that, feel free to post links to all the pros that use merry-go-round stems and I'll happily take back my comment.

Who said anything about pros?? I wasn't referring to professional players, just players in general. I really couldn't care less about whether pros are using this or that. I guess the other thing I took exception to originally was the inference that all the Voks darts are spinners, which they are not.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
SOFT