Shot Darts

DIY Darts customization (a bit nutz and at own risk)
Hello all,

As I wrote in my introduction I tend to tinker quite a bit with my equipment.
Find below my latest try - certainly a contender for a nuts-award (probably rather a negative one but nuts for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

These are DIY customized darts and based on a set of Unicorn Kirk Shepherd 25gr (I still have a complete one atr home - this is where the dart and the flight on the right hand side belongs to).
The only tools at hand were an electronic  hand drilling machine, some needle files and a calm hand.

I'm fully aware none of us can compete with the professional wiz kids and all the craftmanship and tools they provide - so if you don't want to risk to mess your treasures up you'd much better advised to send them to someone skilled and professional.

For me it was an experiment to see whats feasible - have another set also customized in a similar way, will post it in the not so distant future.

Thought it's at least worthwile to share the result with you.

Happy nuts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That is nice work and looks quite accurate.
You are truly Nutz!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Ayup bk

Your skills are unquestionable, but you aesthetic eye is !

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-07-2016, 07:47 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup bk

Your skills are unquestionable, but you aesthetic eye is !

Shed

That's a good and valid statement - can't disagree  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Love seeing Nutz do their own custom work.

But i have a feeling that one good bounce out = snap city

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If it snaps, he will have 2 John Lowes!

Seriously, good job bk123456. I admire your passion and skill as embodied on these darts you are showing us. Keep up!
But do they go where you want them to?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
very interesting and certainly NUTZ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Cool. Looks like a firing pin striking a bullet while still in the chamber. Even the front section has a tiny lip at the rear like a real bullet shell.

I would be worried about durability but they do look neat.
Totally cool!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-07-2016, 10:41 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: But do they go where you want them to?

Not yet - still room for improvement  ;-)
But within my normal range. Maybe a bit on the lower side.

Don't hope they snap so easily.
They are 4,5 mm at thinnest part and it's not a sharp edge but more slightly rounded.

Time will tell....
Fait play to you for giving this a go. They look like they have turned out very well also. If it makes ya happy then why not!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points