Shot Darts

24g Knight darts by Red Dragon
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girs, Children of all ages........

Welcome to my second review and today I will be taking a look at the 24 gram Knight darts by Red Dragon.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

First of all I want to start by saying this review should of been up about a month ago, but my uncle was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and passes away very shortly after, so my mind has been elsewhere as I am sure you will all understand.

Here is what you get for your £29.90 is this

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You get your Red Dragon tri fold wallet, a set of medium aluminium stems, 2 sets of flights ( black and team red dragon designs ), a guarantee card and of course your 24 gram knight barrels.

So lets have a closer look at the Knight grip shall we?
Red Dragon describe this as "Battle tested finger leverage 'Box Cavity' grip structure along the whole dart makes Knights feel perfectly part of your hand."
Red Dragon also rates this grip as a 3 out of 5.

I say bollocks.
The grip is pretty much non existent if you ask me and to give it a score of 3 out of 5 on grip level is very miss leading.
If the Knight grip was cut deeper, then yeah I think it would be able to get to that mid to high level of grip.

The width of the barrel ( 6.6m ) really does feel good to the way I play, but the length ( 50.8m ) is maybe just a little bit too long for my perfect dart.

Going back to the level of grip though, I did find myself losing my fingering on the dart as I drew it back before release which of course is never a good thing.

I have to say the balance of the dart through flight is very very nice no matter where about on the dart I gripped it, so it will be suited to all players.

I am going to be very honest here and say that the lack of grip with these darts has really helped my game a lot and the reason for that is that I have completely changed my throw.
All my life I have had a traditional type of throw, along the lines of Adrian Lewis, where I draw the dart back to my eye and then push through with the release, but the lack of grip meant that my fingers were slipping along the dart during the draw back.
My new throw is similar to Gary Anderson, where the dart starts close to the eye with very minimal draw back before release and this has helped my game move forward, going from a 40-45 avg to a 52-57 avg.

Like I said earlier in the review, the weight, width and balance of the dart is fantastic for my own personal style, its just really let down by the lack of grip. 

Thank you to all those that have took time to read this review, the next one will be out soon as I am going to be taking the pics during the adverts in tonight's premier league.
Nice review thanks for the pics and info +1 from me
From your pics it is hard to disagree with you on the grip. It looks far more aggressive on the RD pics. However some may find it more grippy as we are all a bit different.

Condolences on your Uncle.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I like the review, just because you said "bollocks."
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Brilliant and honest. I know what you mean about the lack of grip actually helping though. I use an norris darts and they aren't as grippy as they look but they help me to concentrate more. Have a +1 on me
A real blood and sawdust review that do's exactly what it says on the tin and give us the information we need to decide to buy or not to buy.
that's a +1 from me even if you did say bollocks LOL
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I know what you mean about the grip. I've got the bullet barrels of these, and the grip was non existent. I tried to take the paint out of them and while it worked to a degree and dos improve the grip, it only came out the ring part of the grip. The little square parts are still black, absolute bugger to get out.
Twitter - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Instagram - @OH_THAT_DAVE
Nice review mate, +1!

I keep meaning to try these, from what you have said and from the pics the grip is not as grippy as I thought it was going to be but it does look to have a very nice shape, I can see that suiting a lot of players but a little disappointing on the grip.

Very sorry to hear of your Uncle too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks guys, very much appreciated.
Nice clear honest review. We have a new rating on the grip scale also...bollocks!!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points