Darts Buddy

D.I.Y Board Lighting
Hey all. I know the idea is not very new and there are many commercially available solutions for lightning of a board so I didn´t invent the wheel. However, I think it came out surprisingly good for basically close to 0 cost apart from the LEDs. Let me know what you think and if somebody is interested I can provide info on how it was made and also upload more pics. Happy first premier league evening to all of you!

Nice job, look forward to seeing some more pictures and thanks for sharing
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Looks good man, would love to hear the details of how you put it all together as I really need some lighting on my board
So as for a crude description I bought 2m of good quality LED band with power supply ect. (37€) and used zip ties to fix the band to a kids hula hoop 65 cm in diameter (5€). We used Neoprene tube insulators to cover that ugly thing (2€). To fix everything to the wall we used screw bars of of 20 cm length (5€). I will add pictures of the wall fixation part later.
it works so its good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looks like it works great, these DIY systems are starting to take off nice work pal.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
Nice job, looks good and illuminates the board pretty well from the looks of the picture
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

great job!

I'm also planning to to make one as I already bought the LEDs (5m with Power Supply = around £7.5) and I'm just looking for ideas here and the hoola-hoop is a great one.

Was actually looking to use a satellite dish circular brace but that may be too heavy. Would appreciate pics of the brace.
This looks great! I had similar plans, however my kids still play with their hula hoop! I need to buy another one.

I was concerned that the light would be facing the wrong direction, as the led tape only bends in one direction. However, I see this hasn't caused you a problem at all.

I also thought about using the top lip from a plastic washing basket, as this is already formed into the shape you need.

I'm also keen to see how you've connected the hoop to the wall.

Thanks,

Greener
This looks good and I also would like more pics of how this was made, if possible Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

I fancy making something like this, I like a bit of DIY.  My current set up is a battery powered LED lamp on top of my case, 2 hours charge for 9 hours play time.  It's pretty good for £15!

I like the look of this Mark, any chance of a link to where it's from?

I might get one of the elec designers at work to sort out a transformer, and hardware it as a mains powered.
It's battery powered, lithium batteries. I get 9 hours from a charge, it's brilliant to be honest. Let's see if this link works....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kootek%C2%AE-Re...ight&psc=1
Cheers Mark, that looks ideal!
Applogies that I have been keeping you waiting so long... I was making a version 2 which is more elaborated. Will post it soon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartboard lighting homemade 17,75 € Fritz Mischteufel 5 517 12-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ryk