Darts Buddy

Poll: Will Taylor win a Major in 2016??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.08%
37 77.08%
No
22.92%
11 22.92%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Taylor win a TV Major this year??
Hi Guys

okay go with me on this.

Taylor is now ranked 4th (probably the lowest he's been in years). hasn't won a TV major in 18 months (again has that ever happened in last 20 years?) and you can now get odds of 8 to 1 on him (again never happened).

The mans ego must be really bruised.

He's changed his darts and for the first time since the Matchplay where he tooled MVG (why did he change from that set)  they actually look to be landing correctly and forcefully. 

Now bare in mind hes had these darts a short period of time, he looked REALLY good in the Masters, and could/should have taken MVG.

His confidence will only grow with these and given a good run with them i think he'll only improve more 

It was a only a few missed doubles that cost him and lets be honest he's still hitting 105 ave and was playing the world number 1 and basically Taylor Mark 2!

So with this in mind will Taylor win a major this year?
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

I think so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I certainly wouldn't bet against it, especially how he had MVG ripe for the picking this past weekend and uncharacteristically missed 7 darts at the out shot for the win.   I've seen Taylor chase outs from time to time, but SEVEN darts is very unlike Taylor.   

Not sure if the pressure got to him or he just flubbed his opportunity, but if he can do that with new darts and almost beat the World's #1, he certainly can take a few more TV Majors this year.
Yes,,,, and would not bet against it ,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Taylor at 8-1?  I'd take a loan to bet on that!
I have to lean towards yes.  He did have MVG against the wall but just could not capitalize in the classic Taylor fashion. 

Be interesting to see as he settles in with the new darts.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Have to fancy him notch one of televison given how comfortable he looked with his new darts at the weekend. As previous comments state he should/could have beaten MVG I think that kind of a game and a position of lead is just another reminder to everyone how strong the top of the sport is. Would make for excellent viewing to see him int eh mix again.
No

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Of course he will, he's still in his prime !...j.d.
I'm predicting he makes the playoffs in the Premier League and goes on to win it against MVG in a thriller of a match.   

Remember, you heard it here first.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I voted no purely because MVG and Anderson are in such good form when it comes to proper comps, but it could happen as Taylor did look a lot more comfortable with the latest set
I say no, if anything I think he'll fall further down the ranks.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
I wouldn't put it past him. Yes, he's 4th in the OOM which is the lowest he's been in a while but you can never write him off.

He's not a 16 time world champion for nothing.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
At least one, he's a wounded multi world champion and that makes him very dangerous
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Before the unibet masters I would have probably would have been 95% no. He looked jaded and in decline at the worlds.
But he looked renewed and confident during the masters and threw very well and looks dangerous again. MvG was a lucky boy and only for those missed doubles Taylor would won and beaten Chizzy comfortably in the final I think.
The PL will tell a story but if he continues that form he will make the semi's at least.

So through gritted teeth I voted yes. But I would be happy if I'm wrong lol.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro