Harrows Darts.

Target Pro Tour - anybody try one?
Have you played this board?  How does it rate against the Blade 4?  Opinions sought.  Thanks
Very good board - not as good as the Blade 4 but not far off in my opinion - miles better than the Eclipse Pro though
(02-02-2016, 08:27 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Very good board - not as good as the Blade 4 but not far off in my opinion - miles better than the Eclipse Pro though

Just getting into the game, the Eclipse Pro is what I got as I found a price too good to pass up.  Now looking for my next board, and we are a little limited here in the US as the Gladiator and Bulls Adv are very hard to find.

We can get the Blade 4 and B4DC.  SupaMatch and SupaWire, Eclipse HD, Bandit and Bandit Plus aswell as Target Pro Tour .  I'm also cheap, so I'm looking for another deal too good to pass up.

Right now, I can get a:
Target Pro Tour for $54
Shot Bandit for $46
Blade 4 for $56
If $60 is ok... I would go Blade 4... no question.

The Pro Tour is a decent board, every one I have seen has at least one flaw in it, but nothing that will affect it's use... usually the paint is jacked a bit, but for $6 more I would definitely go B$ over the Pro Tour.

I have no experience with the DMI board... I wonder who makes it?

I have the Alien Competition Bristle Board...I've had it for just over a year and play frequently on it. I really like the board...my only complaint is the double bull ring isn't flush with board and I've noticed a few more bounce outs than normal.

https://www.amazon.com/Dart-World-83355-...B004EC64Q4
Darts: 18g Target Adrian Lewis Gen 3, L-Style Laro Shafts, L-Style Champagne Flights
Best out (steel tip): 170 (T20, T20, DBull)
(02-02-2016, 03:03 PM)TR3FEUGO Wrote: I have the Alien Competition Bristle Board...I've had it for just over a year and play frequently on it. I really like the board...my only complaint is the double bull ring isn't flush with board and I've noticed a few more bounce outs than normal.

https://www.amazon.com/Dart-World-83355-...B004EC64Q4

The Alien looks just like the DMI.  Are they the same??
Yes DMI and Alien same board made by Puma/Shot. The pro tour board I got was junk so I sent it back, I wouldn't say they all are though. Can't go wrong with the blade4
(02-02-2016, 03:00 PM)Jugger Wrote: If $60 is ok... I would go Blade 4... no question.

The Pro Tour is a decent board, every one I have seen has at least one flaw in it, but nothing that will affect it's use... usually the paint is jacked a bit, but for $6 more I would definitely go B$ over the Pro Tour.

Blade 4 / SupaMatch2 is a popular choice, that's for sure.

I wonder if one of these boards is going to last longer than the others?
(02-02-2016, 03:32 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Yes DMI and Alien same board made by Puma/Shot. The pro tour board I got was junk so I sent it back, I wouldn't say they all are though. Can't go wrong with the blade4

Bad experience with the Target?  Thanks for letting me know.
(02-02-2016, 03:32 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 03:00 PM)Jugger Wrote: If $60 is ok... I would go Blade 4... no question.

Blade 4 / SupaMatch2 is a popular choice, that's for sure.

I wonder if one of these boards is going to last longer than the others?

I've personally got 2 Blade 4 boards.  One is about 2 years old and has tons of life still left in it... the other is about a year old and still looks new.

BUT... I don't play cricket at all... so I don't beat the tar out of the bullseye.

I think the pro tour board I got was old. It was real dry, had some big dents in it and as Jugger said the paint was kind of jacked up. It seemed like it could be a decent board if it wasn't so dry and crumbly. I will stick to Winmau boards but the Puma boards are very nice too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target pro tour stuartb 10 455 06-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Fox1988
Exclamation Target Pro Tour Board Opinions ADlister89 3 284 05-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Target Pro Tour Dartboard - Discontinued? BritpopCam 5 287 04-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: rich345
  Target Pro Tour Dart Board Fizban 11 25,292 06-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Last Post: JDorks
  Target Pro Tour mini-review freedom35 7 3,364 04-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Last Post: freedom35