Target Darts.

How ragged do your flights get before a swap?
Just curious, how far do you let them go before you change them out. Are you really picky about it, of do you let them get to tatters first? Does it matter whst you spent, or what's left in your stash? If you have pictures of them I'd really enjoy seeing them.
I have no pictures but I only changed flights earlier this evening when one had a big split down along one wing. Other than that I would have kept going even though the flights were getting a bit tatty.
Generally I will not change anything until absolutely necessary if I am happy with the way I am throwing.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I use tridents.  The flights get changed when they split, or I can no longer mount them in the stem. They do not have crushed rear ends anymore.
Not long, i like my flights to be pretty intact.
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Using Unicorn Slik Stiks ,,,I have never worn out a set of flights to date ,,,, Using straight nylon/plastic stems I tear both flights and stems up pretty good,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I just broke a carbon stem on my wood floor ,,, I think the Condor 1 piece flight and stem is looking better and better,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I only replace stems when they break or will no longer hold a flight. Flights get replaced if the develop a tear or start affecting the way the dart flies. I am currently using short nylon shafts with rings and 100 micron flights on my Voks darts. Short spinning L-Style shafts and flights on the others.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I buy cheap flights. Like Designa/R4X, etc.. just the plain colored 100 micron flights. Sometimes Harrows. Usually ever few months I'll place a small order and end up buying 10-15 sets of each. 20-30 flights will come to around $10-15.

For league matches I usually put on a brand new set. If they get slightly damaged, they go in my practice pile for home.

I never understood why people play with ragged or bent flights. We can argue all day long about how much a brand new set of flights will fly compared to bent/dented/worn set all day but we're talking .50 cents a flight.

If I have two league matches a week and practice 3 other days, I can easily go through 5 sets in one week. You can rarely find a pint of beer at the pub anymore for $2.50 so I never even put much thought into tossing out a slightly worn flight.

I will admit it depends a lot on your darts. With my 14g smooth Hankey's, I could have flights lasting awhile. I've been using Barney Phase 3 (shark grip) and Bull's sharks for awhile now and they'll shred flights. One good hit and main center section will be crushed inwards....they're tossed.
Currently using Target Visions and they hold up quite well.

I change them once or twice a month depending on how battered they look. When one tears it's replaced immediately though.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Been using the Cosmo Air's for about 2 week and split one on the edge. Love the flights but to me that's an expensive flight to use. I may go back to the Target visions I had much better luck with lasting several weeks without being replaced. Both flights used were on Rasta's
Until they are like a fighting dogs ear!
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

I'm with Regulatorri. I change as soon as there are a few nicks on the edges that can't be pressed down, rarely go to league night without new ones installed. Cheap insurance for true flight.
To me it doesn't matter how battered they look as long as they hold their shape, no bends or rips. They can look nice and fresh but even the slightest bend or rip can affect the how the dart flies
I use nylon flights, they last forever. Most wear and tear comes when they hit the floor bouncing out of soft tip boards. I'd say 2-3 times a year is how often I change them out.
I think it's all preference some change them all the time and some use them until there destroyed, i think some of you missed the point he asked when do you change not what do you use lol
Any damage to them and they're gone. Really bugs me if they are marked, torn, or bent and RD Hardcore or Raw 100 are so cheap.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average