Harrows Darts.

Shot Infinity 6 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwgHoShEL-U

Another model from the rather excellent Shot Infinity range.  These are the Series 6 model and are 23g 90% tungsten, you can also get them in 21g and they cost £53 from Dartswarehouse.com with free worldwide delivery here: Infinity 6 darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

Darts are supplied in a slimline box with slide out plastic tray and they are provided with a set of Shot Vignette flights and Shot Bubble stems in medium and a set of white nylon medium stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The shape of the darts are kind of hard to describe but as you can see they have a fairly long tapered nose and 2 sections that are scalloped.  The first section of scallop is mainly microgripped with a protruding knife edged style ring in the middle and its quite effective, its about a high medium level of grip, the rear scallop section has 3 protruding knife style edged rings and I would say its also about a high medium level of grip.  The taper has some elongated diamond shaped cuts in it but I would they are more for aesthetics but there is a little bit of rolling grip there.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

All 3 barrels are an exact match so excellent! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

Was a little awkward because of the scallops to find the right balance but with nothing attached it seems to be towards the front:

With the supplied set up it was central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I actually first threw them with my grip on the taper and hit a 140 my first go as you can see in the vid above but the grip I am using below is where I think the darts feel and perform best and its what I have been throwing with the last few days as I have tried them more:

Darts landed in the board at quite a high angle:

CONCLUSION:

I think these are a great looking dart and a very good one too.  At first I was not sure because although it was ok with my front grip on the taper it was not great even though I had a few good throws from there, there was a little spiralling and a kind of upward kick on my release before it came through in my usual arc, still flew ok but I felt it was possible to be better.

So trying from that first scallop with the protruding single ring in the middle was where I feel the dart is most comfortable in the grip and although its a little away from my natural position of gripping it was not so bad that I could not get used to it and that is what I was doing after the video review, playing with the dart from that grip for a few days.  

I think that grip is at the perfect spot for the dart and it is comfortable and well balanced and very smooth through the air, if your a middle gripper who likes a shortish barrel I think you will immediately love it, if like me your a front gripper it could still be worth a try as I think you can soon get used to it.  Its really surprising how effective that single ring is at giving you some grip though and its also a great datum point to find very quickly and easily.

I also tried throwing from the rear scallop but although that threw ok for me I did not find that as comfortable to grip I think its because the extra rings makes the scallop feel a bit narrower but as I am not a natural rear gripper I was still surprised it flew as well as it did from there, so it could be great for rear grippers too.

Quality of the darts is great the tungsten feels nice and the design of the grip is more effective than it looks.  I think definitely try if your a middle gripper but if your a front gripper and think you can adjust a little then also try it, rear grippers are probably going to get on with it too but cant say for sure.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (look great)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 8.5 (very good)
Value: 7 (ok)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (worked rather well with a little practice)

Best Feature: Balance from the first scallop Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Lovely looking dart, and that front scallop looks to be perfectly placed for me. Great review Grip!
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren as usual.

And I have the green version of those!!! Really nice darts and I use them as Gunner alternative.
Thanks Edgar, did not see the green version?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great Review again. Thanks for your Time and Effort.
Very nice dart and a superb review as usual Darren.
(01-30-2016, 05:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Edgar, did not see the green version?

Ohhh gosh - it's a different Infinity. Lol - where's my medicine?

Very nice looking dart. Was going to hold off but these might be a go after your enabling review. Thanks Darren
Nice review as always Grip!
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Great review and pics as always bud. Interesting looking darts!
Your list of excellent reviews seems infinity :-)
Nice darts, I think they would fit me.
Nice review and pics as always Grip. I've had some issues in the past with Shot/Puma's weight consistency so it's nice to see that these are bang on. But that front lip looks enormous! For the money I think I'd rather get a Japanese set like Monster or Dynasty.
(01-30-2016, 07:06 PM)Shotgun Wrote: Great Review again. Thanks for your Time and Effort.

(01-30-2016, 08:29 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Very nice dart and a superb review as usual Darren.

(01-30-2016, 10:56 PM)majeek Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 05:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Edgar, did not see the green version?

Ohhh gosh - it's a different Infinity. Lol - where's my medicine?

[Image: https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/t...8rwjrs.jpg]

(01-30-2016, 11:32 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Very nice looking dart. Was going to hold off but these might be a go after your enabling review. Thanks Darren

(01-31-2016, 02:04 AM)Butkus Wrote: Nice review as always Grip!

(01-31-2016, 02:11 AM)JayKay Wrote: Great review and pics as always bud. Interesting looking darts!

(01-31-2016, 07:57 AM)pOLLEPAP Wrote: Your list of excellent reviews seems infinity :-)
Nice darts, I think they would fit me.

(01-31-2016, 08:31 AM)bkbum Wrote: Nice review and pics as always Grip. I've had some issues in the past with Shot/Puma's weight consistency so it's nice to see that these are bang on. But that front lip looks enormous! For the money I think I'd rather get a Japanese set like Monster or Dynasty.

Thanks everyone! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the look of those green Infinity too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The shape reminds me of Japanese darts!
Very pretty though!
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review Getagrip 9 2,296 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 294 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 30 5,492 11-22-2020, 09:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 484 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson Desert Boomer Darts Review Getagrip 1 108 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Tribal Weapon Koa Darts Review Getagrip 7 375 09-23-2020, 01:58 PM
  Shot Warrior Kapene Darts Review Getagrip 12 556 09-19-2020, 03:33 PM
  Shot Darts Daniel Larsson Darts Review Getagrip 10 382 09-04-2020, 04:48 PM
  Shot Viking Drakkar 23g darts review Getagrip 29 5,662 08-13-2020, 04:03 PM
  Shot Roman Empire Caesar Darts Review Getagrip 10 637 04-12-2020, 11:51 AM