Target Darts.

My Split Doubles Routine Film

Hi Nutzers,

As a follow on from my Key Trebles Routine I’ve just filmed part of my Split Doubles Routine ......I always include this in any pre-match warm up.

Again I only throw one dart at each in sequence until I've hit all targets this drill is D20/D10/D5 I normally go for 5 of each but for expediency I've reduced that to 3 only in this clip.The biggest direct benefit for me is practicing what often happens in a match when I've missed a double and have to split it and usually have only a single dart left to win.

I also do a D16/D8/D4 drill then a D2 & D1 routine but I only aim at 3 of each Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   I figure if I'm good enough at the rest I shouldn't need to go this low..... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   mind you that doesn't always work Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  

All of my routines are like me, simple  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. that doesn't mean they're easy though. But its surprising how, after a short while of regular practice, your accuracy gets better and better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

IMHO I think it’s because knowing you have just one dart at each target it increases your concentration level considerably and as you improve it’s a great confidence booster Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here it is.....

https://youtu.be/ylDUQo7tZn0

As with any drill its important to keep some stat's to gauge and challenge yourself, in this drill I had 13 throws.
Out of these throws there were 2 that missed all targets, of the 11 remaining 6 had 2 double hits and 5 had single hits.
The Double hits ratio was:
 D20 = 7
 D10 = 3*
 D5 = 6

Total 16 Doubles hit from 11 successful dart throws

*This means that my weakness is switching down from D20 to D10 which is a concern and in this next drill I may increase the D10's to see if I can get the ratio more balanced etc.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

That's a good, simple routine and one which appeals to me.

I find doubles routines that don't replicate the "double out" finish of 501 a bit unsatisfactory in some ways. They still have a use as I find the feeling of hitting a double beneficial.

I'd add 12-6-3 to the mix but unless you routinely go that way there's maybe no need.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Great routine, I already go D16 D8 D4 but adding in the single dart aspect will definitely add to the difficulty and concentration needed. Thanks

Cheers
Jeremy
Yeah another good one Dorian, nice job Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Banz Wrote: That's a good, simple routine and one which appeals to me.

I find doubles routines that don't replicate the "double out" finish of 501 a bit unsatisfactory in some ways.  They still have a use as I find the feeling of hitting a double beneficial.

I'd add 12-6-3 to the mix but unless you routinely go that way there's maybe no need.

There is a need if you go for 32 and hit an 8.
(02-08-2016, 02:03 AM)BigE Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Banz Wrote: That's a good, simple routine and one which appeals to me.

I find doubles routines that don't replicate the "double out" finish of 501 a bit unsatisfactory in some ways.  They still have a use as I find the feeling of hitting a double beneficial.

There is a need if you go for 32 and hit an 8.

I resemble that comment

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
great routine for key doubles..when i have more than two hours that i can dedicate for practice, i do all doubles that split in this manner

20 - 10 - 5
16 - 8 - 4 - 2 - 1
12 - 6 - 3
18 - 9
14 - 7
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."
Going to make this, and Barney's 20s through 15s (and bull) routine my main practice for now. Should improve my all around game!
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
You had just given me some suggestions in the thread "Need Doubles practice help." Thanks again.

I was wondering about throwing more darts at one double before going on to the next double in a new drill but this routine gives me another thought of it being more like game pressure, one dart to hit the double, which I usually have not done well.

Another interesting routine to add to my improvement routines for double's.
nice one will have to try this Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. thanks

Member previously known as Daveheald

Great routine and video +1
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(01-30-2016, 02:49 AM)Dorian Wrote:

Hi Nutzers,

As a follow on from my Key Trebles Routine I’ve just filmed part of my Split Doubles Routine ......I always include this in any pre-match warm up.

Again I only throw one dart at each in sequence until I've hit all targets this drill is D20/D10/D5 I normally go for 5 of each but for expediency I've reduced that to 3 only in this clip.The biggest direct benefit for me is practicing what often happens in a match when I've missed a double and have to split it and usually have only a single dart left to win.

I also do a D16/D8/D4 drill then a D2 & D1 routine but I only aim at 3 of each Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   I figure if I'm good enough at the rest I shouldn't need to go this low..... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   mind you that doesn't always work Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  

All of my routines are like me, simple  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. that doesn't mean they're easy though. But its surprising how, after a short while of regular practice, your accuracy gets better and better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

IMHO I think it’s because knowing you have just one dart at each target it increases your concentration level considerably and as you improve it’s a great confidence booster Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here it is.....

https://youtu.be/ylDUQo7tZn0

As with any drill its important to keep some stat's to gauge and challenge yourself, in this drill I had 13 throws.
Out of these throws there were 2 that missed all targets, of the 11 remaining 6 had 2 double hits and 5 had single hits.
The Double hits ratio was:
 D20 = 7
 D10 = 3*
 D5 = 6

Total 16 Doubles hit from 11 successful dart throws

*This means that my weakness is switching down from D20 to D10 which is a concern and in this next drill I may increase the D10's to see if I can get the ratio more balanced etc.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

good routine like the videos keep them comin
Nice routine that I'll have to give a try. Still working mostly on grouping but this will be helpful as well and good game training. Thanks for the video which cleared things for me that you will still throw at the whole sequence even when a target is done.
Gave it a quick try without counting and my first dart kept missing , atleast second and third doubles went fine for my standards. Very nice routine and it made me realize a flaw I need to fix. Will be doing this quite alot from now on I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Never thought about doing it like that...I usually just start at the 1 and go to the double bull but this seems way more practical
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,896 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,360 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Doubles and bullseye routine dzs_1 1 517 12-18-2018, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Winmau "DOUBLES" Routine Bounce Out 11 1,363 12-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  My New Doubles Routine The Jester 2 544 07-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,357 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 4,134 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Yet another doubles training routine JayPro 4 1,031 05-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: JayPro
  My Bulls Doubles routine vid *Saber* 8 3,990 01-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  My Bulls-Doubles practice routine - This routine will improve your game. *Saber* 36 7,203 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Machine618