Unicorn

Keeping the packaging?
Who bothers? I never used to but since my return to darts I do. I ripped my stratus box because it was so difficult to open, gutted, do you think if I contacted them I could get a replacement? I also never use the original stems and flights. I want my collection to be perfect.
No harm in trying/asking. Email manufacturer.
I generally tear the package open, then run around throwing the crappy stems and flights at my dogs.... use the lame included case to ship darts to somebody else... then sell the darts and ship them as "barrels only"... packaging sucks!

Some of the packaging is well put together though, might as well save it, makes a collection more complete imp.
(01-27-2016, 11:18 PM)Jugger Wrote: I generally tear the package open, then run around throwing the crappy stems and flights at my dogs.... use the lame included case to ship darts to somebody else... then sell the darts and ship them as "barrels only"... packaging sucks!

lol ... 

no, I don't either ... I have enough mess and clutter around without adding to it with packaging.... straight in the recycle bin.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
The darts I generally buy are done so with the intent of keeping them, so the packaging hits the bin ASAP.   I have kept a couple of those fake leather wrapped around cardboard boxes some darts came in when I first got into darts, but they fall apart just sitting there over time so in the bin they went a long time ago.

I've given away a few sets over the years and when I do that I generally just slip the points into one of those little plastic point protectors and let the person receiving them buy a case if they choose to do so.
You can get slightly more reselling if it's complete in the package imo.

If it's a set of collectible darts, keep it.
i always keep mine cause i end up selling them.
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g
For my personal collection, usually extra bits gets thrown into a box or tub. Or given to a friend when they come over rummaging for free supplies haha

As for the Stratus, I found the Winmau and Target boxes open easier for me from the bottom.
I always keep the packaging, and usually save the original flights and shafts too. When buying I tend to prefer having all of the original packaging as well.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I have all the boxes that came with the darts I have bought since I joined the Nutz family ,,,,but I just recently bought 3 new sets From Darts Clearance that all came in an envelope with a point protector and new flights and stems,,,, pics to come,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I always keep it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I only have 2 new sets and have kept the cardboard bit from the front of the packaging. The bit with the manufacturer and dart info. I plan to "do something" with them which means they'll sit in a box forever.

I have kept the crappy plastic cases as they are better than what I have.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I would generally keep the packaging unless it is in bad shape. It comes in handy when it is time to move the darts on and if the buyer doesn't want the packaging then it goes in the bin
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

If they come in a box they live in the box, if I'm not throwing them they're in their box and the boxes are....... in a box. Got lots RD type fold over wallets and the small flip top sleeves, helps to remember which are which.
Couldn't even tell you what brand/model a lot of my generic darts are so the boxes help.
Also have 2 other boxes for stems and flights, a box for my tools and re pointer and a box of "other" darts
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart brain keeping me from getting to sleep can't count 501 13 431 09-11-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  New darts game designed for keeping straight! James 180 15 2,614 05-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: James 180