Harrows Darts.

Generic darts
Looking on eBay here in the US, I see a couple of dart shops selling no name, generic looking barrels.  Some look quite nice.  Has anybody tried these or similar?  Who makes the best generic or component dart barrels?  And what is the best source?  Thanks for any/all info.
(01-27-2016, 02:18 AM)MadMike4 Wrote: Looking on eBay here in the US, I see a couple of dart shops selling no name, generic looking barrels.  Some look quite nice.  Has anybody tried these or similar?  Who makes the best generic or component dart barrels?  And what is the best source?  Thanks for any/all info.

You referring to sellers at USA eBay - right. Most of them simply don't know what they are called because they are old, vintage, or something a non darter picked at a thrift shop. That's why some of them are priced so ridiculous.

I love looking at eBay UK store. There's more you can get there - as far as darts is concerned.
(01-27-2016, 02:23 AM)majeek Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 02:18 AM)MadMike4 Wrote: Looking on eBay here in the US, I see a couple of dart shops selling no name, generic looking barrels.  Some look quite nice.  Has anybody tried these or similar?  Who makes the best generic or component dart barrels?  And what is the best source?  Thanks for any/all info.

You referring to sellers at USA eBay - right. Most of them simply don't know what they are called because they are old, vintage, or something a non darter picked at a thrift shop. That's why some of them are priced so ridiculous.

I love looking at eBay UK store. There's more you can get there - as far as darts is concerned.

I'll PM a link to you.  Let me know what you think.
I shoot with $17 barrels. 95% tungsten. Nice darts don't have to be expensive. If it's 90% tungsten, in the $20-30 shipped range then go for it. That's a good deal imo
There is lots of generic type darts which are often the same in various shops but a particular shop will add their own name to them.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-27-2016, 02:29 AM)MadMike4 Wrote:

Share with us, you are on a forum for all members   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Site Sponsor Darts Clearance have excellent quality dart sets at Very reasonable prices If you cannot see what you require an Email to them will usually get a speedy reply with what they have not listed.
(01-27-2016, 10:27 AM)Fred-180 Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 02:29 AM)MadMike4 Wrote:

Share with us, you are on a forum for all members   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These look interesting to me, and since I'm new at this and want to try EVERYTHING .... I bought them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401055383875?_t...EBIDX%3AIT
Check out www.puredarts.co.uk, Great prices and shipping is only around $5.00 to the US.
(01-27-2016, 10:07 AM)Getagrip Wrote: There is lots of generic type darts which are often the same in various shops but a particular shop will add their own name to them.

I saw puredarts, Tommy's, McCoy ..... are any of similar quality to Unicorn, Target, Harrows and just lack the advertising and pro endorsement?  Has anybody played VERY well with a generic set?  

Golf clubs of quite good quality are offered by small companies with no advertising budget and no endorsement deals ..... but everybody wants to play what the pros use on tv and is willing to pay 3X more to do so.
Yeah there is some very good quality darts for not too much money. McCoys are great value.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-27-2016, 02:08 PM)DDDeadeye Wrote: Check out www.puredarts.co.uk, Great prices and shipping is only around $5.00 to the US.

Thanks for sharing that.
Bought all 3 sets off of eBay ,,, from Darts Clearance ,,,,,,L to R,,,,,21,,20...19 grams,,,,,,,for very little money......Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-31-2016, 07:19 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Bought all 3 sets off of eBay ,,, from Darts Clearance ,,,,,,L to R,,,,,21,,20...19 grams,,,,,,,for very little money......Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

[Image: https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/...tvbvwm.jpg]

They look nice.  How do they fly for you?
(01-27-2016, 02:12 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 10:07 AM)Getagrip Wrote: There is lots of generic type darts which are often the same in various shops but a particular shop will add their own name to them.

I saw puredarts, Tommy's, McCoy ..... are any of similar quality to Unicorn, Target, Harrows and just lack the advertising and pro endorsement?  Has anybody played VERY well with a generic set?  

Golf clubs of quite good quality are offered by small companies with no advertising budget and no endorsement deals ..... but everybody wants to play what the pros use on tv and is willing to pay 3X more to do so.

The darts themselves don't matter at all. I now shoot with $15 soft tip darts I bought in the UK (these after a years abuse https://i.imgur.com/X7tG1Dk.jpg ) They're just as good as any other dart imo. 

Just because a pro's name is on the dart doesn't mean you'll play better with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generic Free Brass Darts ChinapplePunks 3 594 03-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ChinapplePunks