Target Darts.

Target Diamond Pro Points
Recently acquired a set of Target darts that appear to have Target Diamond Pro points installed.  They have approx. 30mm exposed.  The diamond pattern appears and feels to be very "course".  Upon throwing them they stick in the board and are rather difficult to get out.  With the diamond pattern will pulling them straight out "tear" the sisal out and wreck my board faster?  I have been spinning them when I pull them out and there appears to be little or no damage, but are these point hard on boards?  I got a brand spanking new B4DC ready to mount and if they are going to mess it up quickly will order a set of replacement points, probably Storms, and put them in.  I've never had issues with other smooth points sticking in board and no fall outs.  Thanks for help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

I haven't had any issue with them messing up my board. Ive been using them for awhile and it does the same as any normal point imo. I love them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I just ordered 2 sets of customs with them installed on them and I plan on putting a set on my Target Wayne Mardle set when they arrive. Also a gold set on the new Gary Anderson darts if they are released in 21g Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
When you pull the darts out of the board give them a twist in a clockwise direction. I got into the habit of doing this by playing soft tip. I think it carries over to steel tip as well. Points seem to free themselves easier with a little spin. Gentle on the board as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I really don't mind them as they do stick in the board very solidly. They do come out easier with a spin and I only pulled a couple out before remembering previous posts to do that. Maybe leave my old board up a while longer and monitor what happens. Biggest issue is I really like the darts, they work quite nicely, but don't want to be buying a new board every couple of months. Thanks for advise all.
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

they will smooth off pretty quickly
after that they remove from the board like a normal point, yet still grip the board way better than a standard point. I'm with Titan on this, they are my favourite points. i would love Target to bring out a 35 or 36mm model, but i guess that's just being picky lol
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yeah what rich said ^^ they smooth off after a few hours and become easier to remove, but still retain the same ability to stick into the board when thrown. Maybe leave your existing board up until you feel that initial courseness has worn down and then stick the new B4DC up
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(01-27-2016, 04:52 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Yeah what rich said ^^ they smooth off after a few hours and become easier to remove, but still retain the same ability to stick into the board when thrown. Maybe leave your existing board up until you feel that initial courseness has worn down and then stick the new B4DC up

Exactly.............
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Storm Points - Fizban 14 1,730 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Diamond Points? vanJupp 18 1,574 09-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: impaler1991
  Target Storm Points black coating quality Narbennarr 9 1,003 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Target-darts.co.uk Storm Points Fizban 18 990 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Fizban
  coating-durability-Target-Storm-points-Nano FelixDarter180 7 996 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: FelixDarter180
  target storm points bdebbane 3 753 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Winmau diamond sharpener Ed180 13 1,221 06-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Target Diamond Pro points Zaza 9 1,748 08-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Zaza
  Will Target Diamond points fit my dart? glace 2 1,206 01-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Custom Made Darts
  Target 26mm Titanium Pro Grooved Conversion Points sandro-c 6 1,471 10-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: weswrestle10