Harrows Darts.

Depth a point is inserted into barrel?
Any one have an idea how much of the point is inserted into a barrel?

Someone is asking about Targets gold points on my review of the Ste Bunting Gen 2 darts and I measured the points at 30mm and they said Target only sell 32 and 36 mm points so which is the right one to use?

2mm seems too small a depth and 6mm seems too large to me?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
6mm for sure
may all the doubles be with you

Darren ,4 to 5mm is common from what I have seen
I just changed some points in a set of Chizzy's for Butkus and i tried to meassure where it looks like the point went in to and it looks like it's close to 6mm there 32mm points
Wow I thought 4mm tops too! Been a long time since I changed a point though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sidebar question, are the point holes all drilled equally deep? I have a set of Barney darts that the one point keeps sliding back into the barrel. Told a wee dab of glue will hold it firm. Or are the other 2 point not all the way back into the barrel? Sorry for semi hijack of thread.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(01-26-2016, 08:09 PM)AD18 Wrote: Sidebar question, are the point holes all drilled equally deep?  I have a set of Barney darts that the one point keeps sliding back into the barrel.  Told a wee dab of glue will hold it firm.  Or are the other 2 point not all the way back into the barrel?  Sorry for semi hijack of thread.

Well its a valid point (excuse the obvious pun) because I was wondering if it was a standard too, could be that one was drilled too deep by accident though but I also remember when I did change a few points some seemed to be tighter too.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-26-2016, 08:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Wow I thought 4mm tops too! Been a long time since I changed a point though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The 6mm deep maybe be why target points seem so short, i just thought they put short points in until i just checked when you asked
(01-26-2016, 08:11 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 08:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Wow I thought 4mm tops too! Been a long time since I changed a point though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The 6mm deep maybe be why target points seem so short, i just thought they put short points in until i just checked when you asked

they like em secure!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-26-2016, 08:09 PM)AD18 Wrote: Sidebar question, are the point holes all drilled equally deep?  I have a set of Barney darts that the one point keeps sliding back into the barrel.  Told a wee dab of glue will hold it firm.  Or are the other 2 point not all the way back into the barrel?  Sorry for semi hijack of thread.

No.

Target storm are fitted 4.5mm and that's the minimum
may all the doubles be with you

Yank the point out. Stick a toothpick in there and measure the hole depth. Let us know Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It's been a thorn in my side a lot doing point replacements in house on a variety of manufacturers darts. I found it varies slightly for each manufacturer. Most manufacturers (that actually manufacturer and not farm out to China or someone else) use a handle action press to put their points in. The point is placed in a cradle point down, the barrel placed on top and the press is pulled down to stopping point. Setting the point to exact depth, straight every time. Takes all of a couple seconds per dart.

When customer say they want their points to be 25mm exposed, I have to explain it really doesn't work that way. I can do my best with thread lock and a hand press but no guarantee if you want this specific point that is 32mm long.
So not a standard then.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot! Dart depth Jacob Schaeffer 4 291 08-19-2019, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer
  Great Way For Removing Broken Point Out of Barrel CTsan 105 44,896 05-08-2019, 02:49 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dart tip penetrating board depth -pro matches CalixNL 3 826 11-29-2018, 04:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Setting Points (depth)....(frequency)...??? Red'75™ 10 1,641 02-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: wongerchi