Harrows Darts.

Turning the board
I've decided to turn my board weekly, seems like a reasonable amount for the amount I play .. when you guys turn the board how far do you move it round... I contemplated just going around to the next black section, but then after some thought I realised that the '5' would become the '1' after turning and as I throw 26 a lot that may not be the best plan so I worked out this somewhat random and elaborate turning method!!

Week 1 - 20
Week 2 - 8
Week 3 - 3
Week 4 - 13
Week 5 - 14
Week 6 - 7
Week 7 - 2
Week 8 - 18
Week 9 - 12
Week 10 - 10

The numbers represent the segment that will become the new '20' when looking the board is in it's original state.

Does anyone else do anything like this or an I totally (darts) nutz? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
What is your purpose in turning the board around?
I just spin my to the left. 18 becomes 20 every time.
(01-24-2016, 01:40 AM)majeek Wrote: What is your purpose in turning the board around?

Good question, .... because I've been told I should? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. create even wear, I presume??
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
actually that was too random, going from 20 to 8 like I have ... after it should follow this patten..

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I don't think it out I just turn it a notch every week. When it's done it's done and I go buy another.
(01-24-2016, 01:50 AM)FireInTheCity Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 01:40 AM)majeek Wrote: What is your purpose in turning the board around?

Good question, .... because I've been told I should? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. create even wear, I presume??

Yup you are correct therefore it is to your visual judgment to shift the board correctly to the right segment/area to make the board "wearing" evenly distributed later on.
I´ve always turned the 8 to become the new 20. That´s how we did back in the 80´2 and i stuck to that pattern.
(01-24-2016, 02:47 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I don't think it out I just turn it a notch every week. When it's done it's done and I go buy another.

Yes never really understand or understood how many worry so much about the wear of a board when for £18 you can buy a brand new one when the old one has had it.

If Boards were expensive then it would be very much logical but for the price of chocky bar a week and changing your board twice a year it isn't really going to hit your pockets.
(01-24-2016, 11:01 AM)Jaws Wrote: Yes never really understand or understood how many worry so much about the wear of a board when for £18 you can buy a brand new one when the old one has had it.

If Boards were expensive then it would be very much logical but for the price of chocky bar a week and changing your board twice a year it isn't really going to hit your pockets.

lol, who's worrying? I could buy a new board every month if I felt like it ..... money isn't an issue, although I haven't always been in such a fortunate position so maybe that always sticks with you.

... If you can buy 1 board a year rather than 3 or 4 just by doing something as simple and painless as turning the board around, then why wouldn't you? To me that's 'logical' .. I get pleasure from looking after my things, I get no pleasure from throwing things away. I dislike waste and I dislike 'F'it, I'll just sling it away and buy another' attitudes regardless of what it is. That's why our seas are full of plastic and we have massive landfills full of electrical products leaking god knows what into the ground, because it's cheap to buy so who cares right?
My Bulls Eye will get worn out first.
(01-24-2016, 05:34 PM)FireInTheCity Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 11:01 AM)Jaws Wrote: Yes never really understand or understood how many worry so much about the wear of a board when for £18 you can buy a brand new one when the old one has had it.

lol, who's worrying? I could buy a new board every month if I felt like it ..... money isn't an issue, although I haven't always been in such a fortunate position so maybe that always sticks with you.

... If you can buy 1 board a year rather than 3 or 4 just by doing something as simple and painless as turning the board around, then why wouldn't you? To me that's 'logical' .. I get pleasure from looking after my things, I get no pleasure from throwing things away. I dislike waste and I dislike 'F'it, I'll just sling it away and buy another' attitudes regardless of what it is. That's why our seas are full of plastic and we have massive landfills full of electrical products leaking god knows what into the ground, because it's cheap to buy so who cares right?

+1 FireInTheCity
@FireInTheCity

+1 from me!
I'm not worried about it either. I also don't have a regiment. Not like an oil change for your car. I'll spin it now and then, but that bull eye is always in the same dang place.
(01-24-2016, 06:41 PM)I\m Cyanide Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 05:34 PM)FireInTheCity Wrote:

+1 FireInTheCity

When I read back my post had a feeling I wrote it how it wasn't meant to come out.