Harrows Darts.

Rotating your board
How often?  How far .... do you rotate your board for longest life / best performance?  Thanks
Every week I rotate my board by 1 black segment
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Same ^^^^^^^
How many hours play does a week represent?

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(01-22-2016, 11:30 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Every week I rotate my board by 1 black segment

Same here
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

7 days = a week
52 weeks = a year

rotate your board 52 times a year. but do it all at once.
I rotate to the board when the 20 starts to look a bit rough. A good tip I'm sure I saw on here before was to take a black marker pen to all the outer names and designs so it doesn't catch you eye so much when turned.
Sisal, a natural fiber. Needs time to heal. So I believe in over rotating. If I have a long 2 or 3 hour session I will rotate my board right after I'm done. If I'm playing a lot I'll rotate about 3 times per week. This gives my 20 segment time to heal itself. Imo if you batter the 20 segment to the point where it looks beat, it won't ever recover as well as it should.

I used the over rotating method on my last board (B4) and it lasted about 2 years! And I played a LOT!
(01-22-2016, 11:30 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Every week I rotate my board by 1 black segment

Good info.  Thanks!
I would say at least 2 times per week. Maybe 3 if i play a lot...
I tend to rotate mine once per week which would represent around 3 hours of play on my house board. 1 segment to the right so it gets even wear all round
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

About 2/3 times a week, depending on the amount of play.
(01-25-2016, 01:06 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: I tend to rotate mine once per week which would represent around 3 hours of play on my house board. 1 segment to the right so it gets even wear all round

I think I'll go rotate right now.  It's been a couple of weeks.
I practice 4-5 days a week (~ 1hr) and try to rotate once a week but if I was throwing everyday or primarily shooting 20s for -01 I might do it twice a week.

Not sure how others rotate but if I threw -01 most of the time I'd move one segment at a time. However I tend to practice mainly using the cricket #'s plus a couple others so I like to go two segments over....so make the 14 your new 20 or the 13 your new 20 depending on which way you decide to rotate. That way it moves the main targets out of the loop quicker. 

I realize that moving by 2 isn't great long term so I just move one extra whenever I land back on the 12 or 20 segment with the top logo. So this means day 1 the logo is above 20. So it's 20 to 13 to 2 to 7 to 14 to 20 - push to 18. Then 18 to 10 to 3 to 8 to 12 - push to 20. I'm really not that anal about it but it's not hard to remember the move one extra when you hit 12 or 20 again. Hopefully this make sense and it's not my coder brain over thinking it.