Double Top Darts.

Looking for a new dartboard
I'm looking for a new dartboard but have seen a lot of review about the one's I like saying there darts bounce out (in terms of not sticking in the boards). Boards like Bulls advantage, Glad 2, Shot plus. Then I have had a blade 4 & found I have lots of bounce out from hitting wires.

I'm looking for alternatives really. Boards in question below.

. Target Pro Tour
. New XQMAX 
. Unicorn HD
. And anyone knows any others worth mentioning

Hope someone can help! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks nutters!

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
If your problem is hitting wires.... no other board will fix that. All the razor wires boards are about the same on that front.

Some (like the Shot & Alien boards) have firmer sisal.

Unicorn boards are junk
Target Pro tour is ok, not as good as the Blade 4
Don't know anything about the XQ Max, but speculation is is may be a Unicorn board in disguise.

Have heard good things about the One80 Gladiator boards, people seem to like the Shot Bandit boards, I personally love the Blade 4 boards, some Nutz (one being one of the best players on the forum) loves the Alien boards, Nodor has some good boards.

For me, I will never hesitate to buy the Blade 4 boards, quality and usually a nice price. I would absolutely buy a One80 Gladiator II or III board if it wouldn't cost me and arm and a leg to do so.

Second the Blade 4 Dual Core. Just bought my second, love them.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(01-20-2016, 03:01 PM)CB180 Wrote: I'm looking for a new dartboard but have seen a lot of review about the one's I like saying there darts bounce out (in terms of not sticking in the boards). Boards like Bulls advantage, Glad 2, Shot plus. Then I have had a blade 4 & found I have lots of bounce out from hitting wires.

. Target Pro Tour
. New XQMAX 
. Unicorn HD

Hope someone can help! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks nutters!

I'm partial to the Alien boards.   I've had 3 of them already and the only one that had a problem were the first runs where the bull rings got loose a bit early in their use, but the next 2 were fine.    I like the way they heal after removing the darts where the holes tend to close up more so than the Winmau Blade 4's I've had in the past.

Another thing I like about the Alien when compared to the Blade 4 is the white portions are a bright white and not marbled and a bit yellowish.   They both have razor wire construction, so the only time I get bounceouts is if the dart hits directly on the wire, which is pretty rare.   More of the darts that hit my floor are from colliding with another dart and deflecting.   

The only downfall is the board is a bit more expensive then the standard Blade 4's.   The price is more in line with the Dual Core Blade 4's, but I only go through a couple boards a year if I practice like I want and occasionally have friends over for some darts.    I have 2 boards up in my man cave, so we do Round Robin type practices----winner's board, loser's board and go back and forth depending on results.
(01-20-2016, 03:01 PM)CB180 Wrote: I'm looking for a new dartboard but have seen a lot of review about the one's I like saying there darts bounce out (in terms of not sticking in the boards). Boards like Bulls advantage, Glad 2, Shot plus. Then I have had a blade 4 & found I have lots of bounce out from hitting wires.

. Target Pro Tour
. New XQMAX 
. Unicorn HD

Thanks nutters!

Winmau still uses triangle wire not the small razor wire like Bull's
may all the doubles be with you

Don't think you can go wrong with a blade 4 or blade 4 DC. A friend of mine has a one80 G2 and I'm using an eclipse pro....both pretty hard boards. Anything without round wires and staples should cut down on the bounce outs however it's never gonna stop them all no matter what board Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Agree with the Blade 4. Great board. Having said that, I have been using a Nodor Supawire. It gets pretty good reviews and I happened to find it at a local sporting goods store for around $35 and obviously there were no shipping costs. Mine has held up pretty well and I have no complaints. Will probably buy another just due to cost and convenience.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

the only problem i have with the blade 4 and the blade 4 dc is that due to the triangular wires, if you hit them directly they flatten a little, making that small part slightly larger. i think the wires on the eclipse pro are superb, but unicorn quality control is poor so you may get a great one but more likely you will get a poor one (in terms of sisal packing quality etc) the quality control on the blade 4 boards is superb and i love the dual core as the rota lock system is simple but really effective. the One80 G2 is a great board but it is firm. i was not overly impressed with my target pro tour as mine was very soft indeed. others really like them though so i guess mine could have been a faulty one.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If i was in the UK my next board would be the One80 Gladiator II without a doubt.
Loved my blade4 DC,best board I've used. Using a unicorn now and although I find it very hard I have yet to have a bounce out from the wires. Quality is more often than not rubbish with them though(way too many off centre bulls for my liking)
180's in 2016 so far - 29
180's in 2015 . - 119

Highest out this year. - 117
Highest out 2015  - 170

Highest Checkout - Practice 170,Match 152

Best 501 - Practice 10 darts,Match 13 darts

Darts used - Red dragon Invicta 97
PM me about dart boards I may be able to help out with that.
personally my opinion is blade 4 either normal or duel core everytime but have read the target pro tour board is a good one too but here in kirkcaldy all pubs use blade 4
G2 all the way yet bought a Blade 4 recently after getting Argos vouchers at Christmas & waiting in vain for the G3 release. Otherwise would have bought another G2, Target Pro Tour are a fair board.
Unicorn boards are good for barbeque fuel though, Nodor superwire 2 are supposed to be good but not had one yet, tried the bandit Plus but wasnt keen as found it too soft which is the opposite of most peoples findings and it went back in the box after a short time and was over £50!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Just dont buy a Unicorn board,terrible boards. Bulls and Shot board are indeed a bit hard, but have, in my opinion, a great spider.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
Blade 4 yes good board, got one from Argos a few weeks ago under £20