Harrows Darts.

Dart shaft thread size?
Hey guys I am trying to make my own set of darts. My only problem is I don't know what the current thread size is. I understand it to be 2ba but what threading is that for a tap and dye set? Need answers fast please.
Fairly certain you can get a 2ba tap and dye, I got one to clean up the threads on a soft tip set.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
It's quite literally 2ba. We sell 2ba taps and handles. In all fairness, you can probably find some cheaper if you buy in bulk over seas and dont mind the wait. Or pay a couple bucks more from us and have it in a few days Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So my next question is what is the size of a steel tip so I can drill to that size?
(01-20-2016, 10:21 PM)Ob1kunubby Wrote: So my next question is what is the size of a steel tip so I can drill to that size?

you'd better check this but I think it's 4mm

BA stands for British association which is an old type of thread, you find it on a lot of old British cars and motorcycles (which is where I've encountered it before)
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
btw.. as another (maybe) interesting side note, 2BA is big for a BA thread, the lower the number the bigger the size, they go from something like 15BA (which is tiny) up to 0BA, so there's only 2 BA sizes above a 2BA (1BA and 0BA)
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
Under the impression the drill size required for the point is between 2.35 & 2.5 MM. I know points differ in size, Unicorn seeming the thickest but only by tiny amount I have never used Storms but understand they are the largest dia. that enters the barrel.
(01-18-2016, 11:53 PM)Ob1kunubby Wrote: Hey guys I am trying to make my own set of darts. My only problem is I don't know what the current thread size is. I understand it to be 2ba but what threading is that for a tap and dye set? Need answers fast please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_As...ew_threads
(01-20-2016, 10:21 PM)Ob1kunubby Wrote: So my next question is what is the size of a steel tip so I can drill to that size?

You will need the tapping drill size for the stem too, the correct drill size for a 2 ba thread it 4.1 mm (a quick google job, but, handy to know).

https://www.clag.org.uk/bascrew.html
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b with kite flights + 41 mm nylon stems (flying well, debating on sticking with these).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 18 to 26 grams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drill bit size Mattjones12291 6 784 04-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  The Short, Fat Dart Thread Humdinger 21 5,782 04-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Trukje
  Alternative replacement dart shaft toppers and diy customization jeetmuck 5 960 01-31-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Dartboard size Krafty 5 984 12-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Dart size Carpy 1 790 08-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Tap size for No 5 Jacob Schaeffer 5 1,624 05-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter