Harrows Darts.

Kevin Mcdine moves over to BDO
The 30 year old former Grand slam semi finalist and World Matchplay quarter finalist has relinquished his PDC tour card and has decided to have a go at the BDO. He will be making his debut at the Dutch open.

Good luck to him, hope he can regain some of that lost form.
Darts: Colin Lloyd Pro League 18g custom points
Stems: Dimplex Golfball
Flights: Harrows retina
Flight protectors: Yes

Best leg: 10 darter
Highest checkout: 170
Best average: 99.35 best of 7 legs.
Fav Double: 20
Fav Player: Chris Mason/Alex Roy
Fav Tournament: Matchplay

Steve Douglas has moved back to the BDO as well
Is it a backward step? I'm sure they'll say otherwise
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
thats very interesting.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
(01-18-2016, 10:10 PM)Fenton Wrote: Is it a backward step? I'm sure they'll say otherwise

If he's struggling for form and constant high averages needed to make a living in the PDC then it is completely understandable to "step down" into the lower divisions and try regain some consistency, confidence and prize money.

I say well done to him for doing so, this is something Colin Lloyd should do if he's still so passionate about the game.
Darts: Colin Lloyd Pro League 18g custom points
Stems: Dimplex Golfball
Flights: Harrows retina
Flight protectors: Yes

Best leg: 10 darter
Highest checkout: 170
Best average: 99.35 best of 7 legs.
Fav Double: 20
Fav Player: Chris Mason/Alex Roy
Fav Tournament: Matchplay

As I was watching the PDC world's this year, I was thinking about how the faces change over time. He is a player who I was wondering where he went. Good luck to him with the BDO.
(01-18-2016, 10:18 PM)moneybanks14 Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 10:10 PM)Fenton Wrote: Is it a backward step? I'm sure they'll say otherwise

If he's struggling for form and constant high averages needed to make a living in the PDC then it is completely understandable to "step down" into the lower divisions and try regain some consistency, confidence and prize money.

I say well done to him for doing so, this is something Colin Lloyd should do if he's still so passionate about the game.

Hopefully Colin Lloyd is on the path that best makes him and his family happy. If that means practicing 6 hours a day to get his PDC card back, practicing 2 hours a day and going BDO, or playing when he feels like it and doing exhibitions then so be it.

Not everyone who retires or takes a cut down work load it's sad about it!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I've sometimes wondered why a few of these guys don't go after some of that Dartslive money.
(01-18-2016, 10:35 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I've sometimes wondered why a few of these guys don't go after some of that  Dartslive money.

I think Adrian Gray is doing Ok with something like that, and Dave Fatum maybe? Dont really follow it but seen them on Facebook.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-19-2016, 12:16 AM)REBEL Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 10:35 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I've sometimes wondered why a few of these guys don't go after some of that  Dartslive money.

I think Adrian Gray is doing Ok with something like that, and Dave Fatum maybe? Dont really follow it but seen them on Facebook.

Yes. Both of those guys do well. And I think it's fair to say that Kevin McDine or Colin Lloyd are just as good, if not better players than Gray or Fatum.
Nothing different than a professional baseball player being sent down to the minors for a while. Many come back in much better form with their head screwed back on straight on go on to great careers. I don't think it's a step "back" so much as a necessary "correct" step.
Good luck to him in the BDO. I have only just realized that Alex Roy is now in the BDO too.
Highest Checkout's 
170 (T20 T20 Bull)
167 (T20 T19 Bull) 
160 (T20 T20 D20)
140 (T20 T20 D10)
146 (T20 T18 D16)

180's In 2015 (33)
180's In 2016 (6)

Best 501 - 17 darts
Will only be of benefit to the BDO to have some more recognizable names in their competitions.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
Not a bad move and could help the bdo with new blood of sorts.