Harrows Darts.

Target Distinction Capricorn Pixel Grip 24g darts review
To win these just subscribe to my Youtube channel and comment on the review on the channel, draw will be done Jan 31st 2016 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTfhwqjvRFA

I actually got these a while ago but only just got round to finishing the review but if you want to win these then subscribe to my Youtube channel and comment on the review so I know your interested, draw will take place 2 weeks from today.

This is the 24g version and there is also a 22g.  They are 90% tungsten and have pixel grip coloured in gold nitride on the front half and black nitride on the rear half.  When I first got them they were around £54 but the price has risen by £3 since then so they now retail for £57.

You can find more info on the Target site here: https://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip...icorn.html

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slimline box which has a slide out foam insert holding the darts pre-assembled with some short Pro Grip stems and small standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a slightly unique grip at the front which is a kind of deep widely spaced ring grip but with the back edge of the rings sloping almost like a reverse shark grip, the pixels are slightly elongated because of that and it feels very grippy there.  The middle section is made of flat wide bands and then on the rear is a more familiar flat ringed pixel grip but the rings are of varying widths and its less grippy than the front section.  I would say the front is just about high level grip and the rear a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very close and the third was just four hundredths of gram heavier than the lightest so a very good match:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." class="mycode_img" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is slightly to the front:

With the supplied set up it moves to centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was gripping these quite close to the nose of the barrel:

Unusually for me they were mostly landing quite flat in the board:

CONCLUSION:

I think these darts have been a little strange for me, firstly they felt heavier than I would have expected in my front grip, I know they have short stems on but it was a little strange as it felt as though they were balanced more to the front even though I know they are not, they are not even drilled out much at the rear just less than 10mm and also the front half has more tungsten cut out, so a bit of a mystery to me that one???

The other thing was they seemed to land in the board a lot flatter than usual for me which you would not expect if it was actually heavier at the front would you?

So a couple of strange things to me personally but it may be different for you, but it did mean the darts worked quite well with my front grip, it could be that I just felt the balance was right were I held it, although the points are shortish too at just 25mm so add that to the short stems and may be it was just helping the balance for my front grip.

I thought they flew fairly well for me from that grip but here is the other strange thing when I tried from the centre they felt less well balanced and threw worse but then when I tried throwing from the rear they threw better!!!  I think I have entered the Twilight Zone or something with these lol!

I think the front half of the barrel has a very good almost unique version of the Pixel grip, the way the rings slope at the rear I think helps release the dart easier, I had the odd one feel a touch sticky but I suspect it was more the edges of the pixels been a bit too sharp and holding into the skin a fraction too long, mostly it was a good dart to release and a very pleasing grip overall.  The rear half felt a little flatter and less grippy.

Darts are very nicely made and look great but I think its a good dart for front and rear grippers.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (look good)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (2 are very close)
Quality: 8.5 (nicely made)
Value: 6.5 (pricey but nicey)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (worked well)

Best Feature: Front Pixel Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great Review again.

Funny that Target shows the wrong Picture and a Soft Tip on the Back.
Target must be short on Paper...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-17-2016, 09:35 PM)Shotgun Wrote: Great Review again.

Funny that Target shows the wrong Picture and a Soft Tip on the Back.
Target must be short on Paper...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Markus, guess they just save money on packaging by adding a sticker with pixel on it.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Those are beautiful darts! The distinction Orion model seems to be very interesting too because it has that kind of micro pixel grip at the rear section of the barrel. But they are quite expensive...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Target Perfect Storm 22g  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1 excellent review as ever.

I was surprised that they were only 6.5mm in width. They look thicker.
Quite striking, well made looking darts.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Quality review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Personally I would've liked the front/back to be switched the other way around, think that would suit me a little better lol
Great review Darren, they look very nice indeed. Got to agree with Kev about the grip too. Thats a +1 from me for tempting me AGAIN!
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
As usual,quality review!
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Great review bud!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Great review, i was thinking that white block you usually use to measure balance , isn't it a bit too thick ?
Another nicely done review.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

(01-17-2016, 09:51 PM)RoudeLéiw Wrote: Those are beautiful darts! The distinction Orion model seems to be very interesting too because it has that kind of micro pixel grip at the rear section of the barrel. But they are quite expensive...

Yeah price has risen unfortunately.  Still were not that cheap at £54 but now nearly £60 at £57.

(01-17-2016, 10:14 PM)jc14 Wrote: +1 excellent review as ever.

I was surprised that they were only 6.5mm in width. They look thicker.
Quite striking, well made looking darts.

Cheers!  Yeah they do look like they would be thicker.

(01-17-2016, 10:48 PM)Kev Wrote: Quality review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Personally I would've liked the front/back to be switched the other way around, think that would suit me a little better lol

Cheers Kev Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

(01-17-2016, 11:40 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Great review Darren, they look very nice indeed. Got to agree with Kev about the grip too. Thats a +1 from me for tempting me AGAIN!

Cheers Chris, you two are rear grippers though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-17-2016, 11:51 PM)Butkus Wrote: As usual,quality review!

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-18-2016, 12:17 AM)Titan Wrote: Great review bud!

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-18-2016, 12:28 AM)Gada Wrote: Great review, i was thinking that white block you usually use to measure balance , isn't it a bit too thick ?

Cheers!  I deliberately use the eraser because it is the closest thing I could find to the width of my finger tips, its smaller actually but I think its better to use that as it simulates the real balance in your fingers better than something thinner.

(01-18-2016, 02:05 AM)jschwab Wrote: Another nicely done review.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Quality Review once again Grip!!
(01-18-2016, 10:29 AM)Jase83 Wrote: Quality Review once again Grip!!

Thanks Jase! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Ayup Darren

Another great review and pictures, also a very nice looking dart.
The most comprehensive darts reviewer on the net.

Shed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 266 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 364 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,728 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,326 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 871 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 992 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,094 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 970 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 435 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Designa Mega Grip V2 24g (Rear Thumb Grip) review Don Q 4 387 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Don Q