Harrows Darts.

Wayne Mardle 501 soft tip 20gr, barrel weight?
Has anyone had the chance to weight how heavy the barrel weights for the Wayne Mardle 501 soft tips are?
Some Japanese websites list them as 20gr but  are vagule listed compared to all the other Target products they list.
And its nearly impossible to figure out if some soft tip darts are by barrel weight or overall weight.

If anyone is able to figure that one out, that would be great! 

Thanks!

Shroker

Edit: These barrels weight in at 18.xx grams.
Current setup: Cosmo Darts John Part Signature barrels - 18gr,
Cosmo Titanium Fit Shaft, 24mm.
Cosmo Delta Flights - Shape

Previous setup: Harrows Wolframs RAM, 16.5gr + Cosmo "Duraluminum" Shafts and Delta Shape flights.

Standard 30mm conversion points for steel play.
Good question. I just compared the dimensions of the 22g steel tip dart and the 20g soft tip. They were the same. Which is odd because the 20g soft tip barrel should weigh 18 grams.

If I was to take a best guess, I'd say the soft tip barrel weighs right around 18-18.5 grams. I'll ask Wayne/Target over on Twitter and see what they say.
I´d say they "should" be 20g for the complete Dart as Target lists them as 20g and Target shows the whole Weight for the other Softtips execpt the Pyros.
Even the Asia Taylors are listed as Full Weight.

You can´t judge by the Dimensions because you don´t know how deep they are drilled out.
The Gen2 f.E. are almost completely drilled to get the Barrel down to 15.15g-15.7g.

So my guess woulde be around 18g for the Barel too.

Just buy them, put them on the Scale and tell us :-)
It's not absolute, but typically the listed weight of soft tip darts is the fully assembled weight. The barrel weight will be about 2g less than that.
Yeah that is what I figured. I know soft tips list them as full weight so it gets confusing as some do list them as barrel weights but don't make it obvious haha.
Rather be safe then sorry right? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
They are coming. I will post and update the thread when they do Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. so those looking will know!

Previous setup: Harrows Wolframs RAM, 16.5gr + Cosmo "Duraluminum" Shafts and Delta Shape flights.

No answer from them on Twitter.

Will just look for the answer here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They are 18 grams barrel weight. Forgot to take pictures. The scale I used is only accurate to 1/10ths but they are 18.
It is drilled out quite abit from both ends. Feels light for a 18 due to the length and how much it is drilled out.

Maybe I'll add some tungsten puddy? haha.

Good to know. Make sure we get some pics. Dart threads with no pics suck Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Will post some soon!

In the mean time. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAt6ot7IT3s
One from my Instagram.

Will post some camera pictures soon. Have been hitting the board to get used to the mas much as I can before playing them on leagues and singles haha.
Got a good solid 2 hours in when I got them on Monday before league night and kicked some good butt on Wed evening.

I believe the barrel weight is 20 grams, I just ordered a set myself, everything I see on the internet seems to push towards them being 20 gram barrels.
(02-08-2016, 03:05 AM)shogundemon89 Wrote: I believe the barrel weight is 20 grams, I just ordered a set myself, everything I see on the internet seems to push towards them being 20 gram barrels.

Everything except this thread maybe
(02-08-2016, 03:24 AM)Cyanide Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 03:05 AM)shogundemon89 Wrote: I believe the barrel weight is 20 grams, I just ordered a set myself, everything I see on the internet seems to push towards them being 20 gram barrels.

On targets website, they list the barrel weight for their darts, I don't believe it's setup weight, I've owned a couple sets of target soft tips and they have been the weight they list barrel only. A180 is also saying 20 gram barrel weight. When I get my set in the mail I'll post weight and specs.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-08-2016, 03:46 AM)shogundemon89 Wrote:

On targets website, they list the barrel weight for their darts, I don't believe it's setup weight, I've owned a couple sets of target soft tips and they have been the weight they list barrel only. A180 is also saying 20 gram barrel weight. When I get my set in the mail I'll post weight and specs.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The person that started this thread said he weighed them and they were 18. I'm not seeing where A180 or Target specifies barrel weight. Soft tips are most often weighed as a complete dart.
(02-08-2016, 04:10 AM)Cyanide Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 03:46 AM)shogundemon89 Wrote:

The person that started this thread said he weighed them and they were 18. I'm not seeing where A180 or Target specifies barrel weight. Soft tips are most often weighed as a complete dart.
I stand corrected than lol. I did not see the TC say he weighed it.
Did you get some putty in there ? How heavy did you get them ?

Is there room for an ultracore insert ?

Cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Wayne Warren : what they like? NiteEyez 10 809 03-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Ivefoundgod
  Converting Steel Tip Barrel to 2BA Soft Tip Ehudakineyah 6 1,038 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Wayne mardle generation 2 darts TJD180 18 2,528 03-27-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: The G
  mardle pixel grip jimbo182 9 1,331 03-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Walker
  barrel weight in soft tip darts schook 4 1,292 12-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: guest2