Darts Buddy

Ensuring board is straight
I realise that I may be a crazy person but whenever I rotate my board I get the feeling it's not quite straight.

Does anyone else share this feeling and, if so, what do you use to make sure things are straight?  I guess I could use a spirit level...

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p62119/Dar..._info.html
Peter Wright is a stickler for this....you often see him at the start of a game talking to his opponent 're the board being straight.
No spirit levels used there...they just seem to use line of eye sight until agreed. (unless they use them whilst putting them up in the add breaks)
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

(01-15-2016, 05:16 AM)Gada Wrote: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p62119/Dar..._info.html

That's pretty cool, I haven't seen that before Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

Plumb Line like the image below....  Just put a dart through the string in the middle of the D20,  String should then pass straight through the middle of the T20-Bull-T3-D3.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-15-2016, 05:16 AM)Gada Wrote: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p62119/Dar..._info.html

Thanks Gada - might have to invest. The problem/bonus is that I'll be able to stock up on some other bits and pieces at the same time.

(01-15-2016, 05:17 AM)Yesmmm Wrote: Peter Wright is a stickler for this....you often see him at the start of a game talking to his opponent 're the board being straight.
No spirit levels used there...they just seem to use line of eye sight until agreed. (unless they use them whilst putting them up in the add breaks)

I've tried setting it by sight but I just can't satisfy myself it's not slightly off.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I look at it, if it doesn't look straight adjust it lol
Use a referee tool and set up your board with a One80 Rotafix bracket and you won't need to worry about it again. But it pays to use a standard spirit level on a level surface to calibrate the referee tool first. There are screws to adjust it.
even when I use spirit levels and the referee tool it never looks straight to me with my dodgy eyes but neither do door frames or shelves, they look warped lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-15-2016, 10:53 AM)Getagrip Wrote: even when I use spirit levels and the referee tool it never looks straight to me with my dodgy eyes but neither do door frames or shelves, they look warped lol

Note to self.  "Do not hire Grip to set doors or put up shelving in the house." Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This used to wind me up! Now I have the One80 rotafix bracket and its simple. Although you have to ensure that's straight first of all, I just used a standard spirit level straight down the centre of the board. If it is off, its only by literally a few mm, which I would be able to live with.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
(01-15-2016, 10:53 AM)Getagrip Wrote: even when I use spirit levels and the referee tool it never looks straight to me with my dodgy eyes but neither do door frames or shelves, they look warped lol

is that why you keep hitting T12 instead of T20 Grip?? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the plumb line idea Jase83 simple but very effective
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(01-15-2016, 12:27 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:

Note to self.  "Do not hire Grip to set doors or put up shelving in the house." Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Don't hire me for any practical work unless you want to live in a house that makes you dizzy!

(01-15-2016, 12:35 PM)rich345 Wrote:

is that why you keep hitting T12 instead of T20 Grip?? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the plumb line idea Jase83 simple but very effective

Yeah that's my excuse lol!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I use a standard carpenter level. Align it up and down on the corner of the double 20/5 wire and the double 19/3 wire. Rotate until level. But that little rig above does look intriguing, saw them using one on a recent BDO Youtube match and thought they looked pretty slick. Someday........
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(01-15-2016, 01:11 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 12:27 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:

Don't hire me for any practical work unless you want to live in a house that makes you dizzy!

I hear there's good money in building "Fun Houses" for amusement parks.   Sounds like it's right in your wheelhouse of expertise.