Shot Darts

recording videos of yourself
hello,

got a gopro recently and last night I was playing around with it while the wife was working and I recorded myself from several different angles. first of all, after watching everyone else throw but never having looked at myself I can say that my throw looks a lot better than I thought it would! its pretty smooth for the most part. one thing ive figured out is that the changes that seem like HUGE adjustments when you are throwing are really barely noticeable, if at all. anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought the best angle would be to analyze my throw? I got videos from behind, from the front right (like northeast of the oche), directly in front, and directly to the right. im right handed so all of these captured some great footage but I cant really tell where the best angle would be to really break it down and go slo-mo or frame by frame.

also, I wanted to get my throw and the board from behind me but unfortunately because of the fluorescent light over the board you cant really see the board at all because its washed out.

also, what kinds of things do you guys look for when you watch videos of throws? what ive been watching for is elbow movement, head or body movement, follow through, and tempo. I guess what I need to do is do something like A1 where I can know what I was throwing at and what I got. just watching me throwing a game against a bot doesn't really tell me much since I don't really know what I was throwing at or what I scored.

thanks in advance
MC
(01-14-2016, 10:47 PM)mcockrell Wrote: hello,

got a gopro recently and last night I was playing around with it while the wife was working and I recorded myself from several different angles. first of all, after watching everyone else throw but never having looked at myself I can say that my throw looks a lot better than I thought it would! its pretty smooth for the most part. one thing ive figured out is that the changes that seem like HUGE adjustments when you are throwing are really barely noticeable, if at all. anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought the best angle would be to analyze my throw? I got videos from behind, from the front right (like northeast of the oche), directly in front, and directly to the right. im right handed so all of these captured some great footage but I cant really tell where the best angle would be to really break it down and go slo-mo or frame by frame.

also, I wanted to get my throw and the board from behind me but unfortunately because of the fluorescent light over the board you cant really see the board at all because its washed out.

also, what kinds of things do you guys look for when you watch videos of throws? what ive been watching for is elbow movement, head or body movement, follow through, and tempo. I guess what I need to do is do something like A1 where I can know what I was throwing at and what I got. just watching me throwing a game against a bot doesn't really tell me much since I don't really know what I was throwing at or what I scored.

thanks in advance
MC

What i watch for:

- Unwanted movement in any joint
- Elbow drop
- Snatching / not following through

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recording throw Toddg 7 272 11-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Toddg