Harrows Darts.

Shot Bandit Spits Out My Storms
My local has had a Shot Bandit up for a few weeks.  It doesn't seem to be a top quality board -- some curvy wires and places where the wires stick out a bit -- but it has had regular rotations and looks to be in basically good shape.  But last Sunday I had several darts fall out of it, including 3 red bulls.  When a board costs you 150 points, Shot Bandit is an appropriate name.

Then last night, quite a few more including at least one red bull and a couple trip 20's.  I'm using Storm 30mm Black Smooth points and I throw pretty hard.  I even tried scuffing them, but they're pretty unscuffable.  I've never had this happen to this degree with Storms, even on boards that were beyond trashed.

Anyone else experience this?  Can Storms eventually lose their "grip mojo?"
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(01-14-2016, 03:47 PM)brenthahn Wrote: My local has had a Shot Bandit up for a few weeks.  It doesn't seem to be a top quality board -- some curvy wires and places where the wires stick out a bit -- but it has had regular rotations and looks to be in basically good shape.  But last Sunday I had several darts fall out of it, including 3 red bulls.  When a board costs you 150 points, Shot Bandit is an appropriate name.

Then last night, quite a few more including at least one red bull and a couple trip 20's.  I'm using Storm 30mm Black Smooth points and I throw pretty hard.  I even tried scuffing them, but they're pretty unscuffable.  I've never had this happen to this degree with Storms, even on boards that were beyond trashed.

If you don't have that issue with your points on other boards it's not the points its the board
(01-14-2016, 03:52 PM)Lurker1 Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 03:47 PM)brenthahn Wrote: My local has had a Shot Bandit up for a few weeks.  It doesn't seem to be a top quality board -- some curvy wires and places where the wires stick out a bit -- but it has had regular rotations and looks to be in basically good shape.  But last Sunday I had several darts fall out of it, including 3 red bulls.  When a board costs you 150 points, Shot Bandit is an appropriate name.

If you don't have that issue with your points on other boards it's not the points its the board
I guess I should have also said that my opponent Sunday didn't have any fallouts that I can recall, and the guy last night had maybe one.  Both of them had silvery non-Storms, and the guy last night threw very soft.

Try this mate
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

I've got a Dremel, maybe I'll have at my Storms with that. Reluctant, though.

Try the patato trick.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Totally forgot about that!

https://www.americanstyledarts.com/equiptment.html

"Another thing you should have near the dartboard is a potato. Lightly dipping the darts into the spud will coat them before shooting. It makes them stick easier. Potatoes are cheap, and should be disposed of at the end of the night. Despite the appetites of some shooters, dart spuds do not make "good eats".

Non-destructive, cheap and all-natural.  Good plan -- thanks!

Can French Fries work? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-14-2016, 05:55 PM)majeek Wrote: Can French Fries work? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd never sacrifice a perfectly good French Fry to make my dart stick.  So… no.

That's really odd. Black Storms usually hold really well. Better than a regular steel point anyway. Have you changed anything lately? Weird that others didn't have an issue.
(01-14-2016, 06:16 PM)Cyanide Wrote: That's really odd. Black Storms usually hold really well. Better than a regular steel point anyway. Have you changed anything lately? Weird that others didn't have an issue.

Haven't changed anything.  Darts land flat but not saggy.  Yep, it's odd.

I know that brand new Storms are so grabby they squeak when you pull them out of the board, and these haven't squeaked for quite a while.  Maybe the Secret Miracle Coating wears off eventually.  Dunno.

Another thing to try is have one of the other fells throw your darts into the board, and vice versa with their darts. If they are not having fall outs as you are with your darts, its something with your entry angle with those points. If you can throw their darts with no fall outs, its for sure something with your entry angle with those points.
(01-14-2016, 08:50 PM)A-ZDarts Wrote: Another thing to try is have one of the other fells throw your darts into the board, and vice versa with their darts. If they are not having fall outs as you are with your darts, its something with your entry angle with those points. If you can throw their darts with no fall outs, its for sure something with your entry angle with those points.

Makes sense.  So far, though, it only happens at my local with this particular board.  In my office (B4), at home (Viper POS), at the bar across from my local (2 B4's), and at MacLeod's in Van Nuys (Unicorn, Nodor) I don't have a problem.

That's funny. I experienced a lot of fallouts in Macleod last time and Andrew gave me a sheet of sandpaper to work on that time. Now bring me some potatoes next time with lots of cheese and bacon.
Im guessing you could use the starchy tuber of your choice, as long as it's raw. Cassava, anyone?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new Shot Bandit Duro just arrived! harbl 23 1,011 Yesterday, 11:02 PM
Last Post: MadMike4
  Shot Bandit (amazed) Sharing photos Gooddark 21 1,523 12-30-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Shot 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Bandit Dartboard with gold plated spider Getagrip 8 606 07-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  PUMA BANDIT BOARD THAT IS SOFT!!!! DIRTY G 23 8,439 10-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Ed13
  Question about the Bandit Plus Breadfan 19 1,123 09-18-2018, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  New Board Recommendation: Bandit+/Glad3/HD2 WizyDarts 38 3,954 08-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Bandit Dartboard quality The G 8 1,650 08-31-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Compare Bandit Plus to Gladiator 2 ?? MadMike4 8 1,693 01-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Bandit Plus or Blade 5 DC Harry_ 14 4,295 01-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Alien = Bandit Plus? MadMike4 6 1,164 02-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Crusher17