Harrows Darts.

Sad to see Jaws leave the Pro game
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A FAMILIAR face will not be present on the PDC circuit in 2016, with former world number one Colin Lloyd stepping away from competitive events after dropping out of the world's top 64.

The popular Essex ace won over two dozen PDC ranking titles, including the 2004 World Grand Prix and 2005 World Matchplay, and topped the world rankings a decade ago.

Lloyd had joined the PDC circuit in 1999 and competed in the inaugural year of the Premier League back in 2005, ending that season as runner-up to Phil Taylor in one of a handful of major finals he has reached.

However, his last ranking victory came at a Players Championship in 2012 and after dropping down the Order of Merit he became the highest-profile player to lose his PDC Tour Card at the end of 2015.

"It's been a big decision for me and not one that I've taken lightly but I've decided not to enter Qualifying School or compete this year," said Lloyd, 42.

"The standard has continued to rise on the PDC circuit in recent years and despite giving it my all in every event I've played in, the reality is that I've not been good enough.

"Darts has been a massive part of my life for the last 17 years since I joined the PDC circuit and I'd like to thank everyone around the world who's helped make it so enjoyable, as well as to thank the sponsors, including Target Darts, who've supported me through thick and thin.

"I still love the game and I'm still keeping busy on the exhibition circuit - and who knows, I might even return to competing in the PDC in the future too."
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice little read if you have 5 mins 

https://www.sbat.com/football/news/colin...pdc-career
Has he even been existing as a Pro Dart Player for last few years. You don't earn enough Money to be Pro down in the Ranking where he's been for last few years.

He had his Time. Unfortunately for him he just didn't have the required Skill set to make it last. He should go back into the County set up, live that life style.
Threads merged Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I wish him well and hope he returns at some stage.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(01-13-2016, 01:38 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Has he even been existing as a Pro Dart Player for last few years. You don't earn enough Money to be Pro down in the Ranking where he's been for last few years.

He had his Time. Unfortunately for him he just didn't have the required Skill set to make it last. He should go back into the County set up, live that life style.

Don't know how much he charges but he is still a decent name on the exbo circuit which is where lots of players earn their money
I thought I'd read/heard some place he was planing on a return to the BDO ( Stand corrected)
I think it was on the cards really, only a matter of time, shame though.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-13-2016, 03:21 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 01:38 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Has he even been existing as a Pro Dart Player for last few years. You don't earn enough Money to be Pro down in the Ranking where he's been for last few years.

Don't know how much he charges but he is still a decent name on the exbo circuit which is where lots of players earn their money

I hear ya, MC. 'Spose I was leaning more towards Oche Money, rather than exbo money, or at least including it. 'Spose for me, I regard a Bona-fide Pro as some one with the ability to earn in the Tourney's, know what I mean.
It's been coming for a while now, but still a shame to see such a big name drop out when he is still only 42
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I always enjoyed watching jaws. When he came to Canada in London he was by far my favourite guy, friends with everyone in the room and generously gave his time to people.
Is it frowned upon to return to the BDO after playing in the PDC? Maybe an ego thing?

Hell, if I was those guys I'd have a go at Dartslive or something. Lloyd might not be able to beat the top 10 in the PDC, nobody can really, but I'm sure he could kick butt in soft tip or do some damage in the BDO.

The top 10 guys in the PDC are head and shoulders above the average professional player. It must make things nearly impossible for the regular professional such as Lloyd.

Look back at professional darts in the 1990's. Players would look at the brackets and find out when they have to play and lose to Phil. Nowadays there's like 4 or 5 Phil Taylor's waiting to smoke you off the board. Sort of unfair how good the guys on top are. i suppose that's why the PDC caters to the top guys?
(01-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Is it frowned upon to return to the BDO after playing in the PDC? Maybe an ego thing?

Hell, if I was those guys I'd have a go at Dartslive or something. Lloyd might not be able to beat the top 10 in the PDC, nobody can really,  but I'm sure he could kick butt in soft tip or do some damage in the BDO.

The top 10 guys in the PDC are head and shoulders above the average professional player. It must make things nearly impossible for the regular professional such as Lloyd.

Look back at professional darts in the 1990's. Players would look at the brackets and find out when they have to play and lose to Phil. Nowadays there's like 4 or 5 Phil Taylor's waiting to smoke you off the board. Sort of unfair how good the guys on top are. i suppose that's why the PDC caters to the top guys?

I think if he feels he has to pack it in (or take an extended break hopefully) he probably knows he would not make an impact in the BDO.  His mojo is not there and his heart is not in it.

The PDC thing is interesting.  On the face of it you are correct about the top ten.  But if you go through the order of merit at No. 40 is Kyle Anderson with earnings of £64,500.  This could be a two year snap shot I think and you have to take travelling and expenses out of it. But it is not a bad living really.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(01-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Is it frowned upon to return to the BDO after playing in the PDC? Maybe an ego thing?

Hell, if I was those guys I'd have a go at Dartslive or something. Lloyd might not be able to beat the top 10 in the PDC, nobody can really, but I'm sure he could kick butt in soft tip or *do some damage in the BDO.

* Yeh but probably to the dartboards...... when he gets annoyed with himself  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."