Unicorn

Glen Durrant Staying At The BDO
Glen Durrant

Sue Williams, Head of the British Darts Organisation has announced that after speaking to the current Winmau World Master, Glen Durrant, he will be staying at the BDO and will not be attending Q School later this month!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bunting said the same thing as well when he won it 2 years ago - then promptly left once the cheque cleared in his account a week later
(01-09-2016, 07:35 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Bunting said the same thing as well when he won it 2 years ago - then promptly left once the cheque cleared in his account a week later

Difference is Bunting switched after winning the championship. Can see Duzza giving the Lakeside one more crack.
Darts: Winmau 23g Viking Raiders (Atomised Grip) & Unicorn John Lowe World Champion 23g
Stems: One80 Medium Proplast Clear
Flights: Unicorn Core Pear
Dartboard: Red Dragon Hi-Score 2 (By Nodor)
Best competitive 3 dart checkout:  118 - Treble 20, Single 18, Double 20
Best competitive 2 dart checkout:  63 - Outer Bull, Double 19

Good for him. I'd like to see him win the title before switching over
(01-09-2016, 11:23 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Good for him. I'd like to see him win the title before switching over

Agreed. It would be good for him to fill his boots during the year and have a go at Lakeside next year.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(01-09-2016, 11:22 PM)Dai The Dapp Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 07:35 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Bunting said the same thing as well when he won it 2 years ago - then promptly left once the cheque cleared in his account a week later

Difference is Bunting switched after winning the championship. Can see Duzza giving the Lakeside one more crack.

I realize that, but I was more making the point that what is said isn't always the case.

As it happens it would appear that Glen has posted the BDO link on his facebook page so it would seem that he is staying put - he'll pick up some of the PDC's money at the Grand Slam at the end of the year anyway
(01-10-2016, 04:35 AM)mc1958 Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 11:22 PM)Dai The Dapp Wrote:

I realize that, but I was more making the point that what is said isn't always the case.

As it happens it would appear that Glen has posted the BDO link on his facebook page so it would seem that he is staying put - he'll pick up some of the PDC's money at the Grand Slam at the end of the year anyway

Yeah totally agree with you - there's been plenty of players in the past who denied they were going to switch then promptly did.

Good to see Glen having another year with the BDO and you are right he can get some PDC cash at the Grand Slam.
Darts: Winmau 23g Viking Raiders (Atomised Grip) & Unicorn John Lowe World Champion 23g

I think there is a lot of very talented young guys coming up through the PDC ranks now, and I think also with the numerous darts academies around the country there is going to be a steady stream for a number of years to come, so its going to be tough at Q school, not saying Durant cant do it as I am sure he could but I think the longer he leaves the switch the tougher it will be to make a mark in the PDC so he may stay with the BDO for good now?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think there is a lot of very talented young guys coming up through the PDC ranks now, and I think also with the numerous darts academies around the country there is going to be a steady stream for a number of years to come, so its going to be tough at Q school, not saying Durant cant do it as I am sure he could but I think the longer he leaves the switch the tougher it will be to make a mark in the PDC so he may stay with the BDO for good now?

He would lose a crack at 100,000 pounds if he left.  He was first seed. It makes no sense to leave without winning BDO at least once.
(01-10-2016, 08:55 PM)BigE Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think there is a lot of very talented young guys coming up through the PDC ranks now, and I think also with the numerous darts academies around the country there is going to be a steady stream for a number of years to come, so its going to be tough at Q school, not saying Durant cant do it as I am sure he could but I think the longer he leaves the switch the tougher it will be to make a mark in the PDC so he may stay with the BDO for good now?

He would lose a crack at 100,000 pounds if he left.  He was first seed. It makes no sense to leave without winning BDO at least once.

Agree I  think if he switched as BDO World Champion it would open more doors for him as opposed him switching as a losing quarter finalist?

Delighted with Durrants decision to remain with the British Darts Organisation!
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glen Durrant Interview (30-Oct-2018) Banz 13 1,348 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Little al
Star Durrant to the PDC Fred-180 27 4,880 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Glen Durrant announcement katsu 17 8,320 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: The G
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,435 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Glen Durrant: Number one seed embraces BDO favourite's tag hamo 4 1,098 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip