Harrows Darts.

3rd dart syndrome
anyone any tips on last or 3rd dart syndrome.. It happens me loads I can throw 2 perfect darts and the last one could go any where from the 1 and 5 to the 18 even outside the board. Just wondering has anyone suffered from this and how didthey fix it
Are you stepping forward as you throw the last dart or doing something different? Can you show us a video of your throw so that we can see what is really happening.
If your delivery is the same then the issue is mental.

I found it very difficult to follow 2 treble 20's with a third and often put a terrible throw on the last dart as my brain started to get involved. Then one day I had a great practice session and I was peppering the T20. In my mind it changed from "I need to make the most of this rare opportunity to hit a 180" to "If I don't get this one I'll get the next". The confidence of knowing I'd get another chance allowed me to keep throwing properly and after wiring a couple for a 140 and a 135 I hit my first 180 since coming back to darts. I've had a few more since then and quite a few attempts where the third dart was well thrown which still feels good.

What I'm saying is that, through practice* and repetition** you can get to a place where you're not pressuring the third dart and you throw it the same as the others.

*Good, constructive practice
** Repetition of the right things

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
i'm usually first dart good, 2nd dart off, 3rd dart good
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
Keep your dog hand in the same position after you have passed the third dart over to your throwing hand
Keep your off-hand locked in the same position after grabbing your third dart, don't move your back foot, shoulder etc. from their initial position. I used to have that problem, where after i grab my third dart i would slightly rotate my shoulder to the left , which ended badly as expected.
I think this is probably a question of rhythm. Don't over think it, just keep the flow =]
Like Gada and Mc1958, don't change the position of your hand or lunge toward the board. Try to keep the same mental mindset when throwing your third dart. I went through the same problem, and I had to convince myself the third dart is exactly like the first.
You are getting excited...having two darts hitting target you suddenly stop to focus...that may be the prob..stay calm and focus up to your last dart... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
The same thing happens to me mate!
Not sure if it's mental or rhythm but I have the same problem.
This kinda cured itself over time in my case. Used to completely miss the board sometimes lol, now I usually stay within one segment away. Occasionally even hit all three!
Oh yes, I do suffer from this! So much so, I've created my own album...

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/chrisgr...ary/Almost

The password us "dartsnutz"

Here are some of my favorites. Although the it might not look like it, I was going for a 180 on each if these!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Simple, throw your third dart first.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

I've had this problem for a while now, I hoped it would go away on its on own eventually but i still struggle with it. The only way I can describe it is that there's a tension in my arm when I raise my arm to throw, I still throw at a decent level but it leads to me snatching my darts from time to time.
I tested it by switching my throw to my left hand. No tension whatsoever, is this an early sign of dartitus?
Darts used: Designa Dark Thunder 22g
Highest Checkout: 157 (Practice) 148 (League)
Lowest Leg: 12 Darts (Practice) 15 (League)