Shot Darts

Glen Durrant: Number one seed embraces BDO favourite's tag
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Glen Durrant said he is enjoying the scrutiny that comes with being the number one seed after reaching the last eight of the BDO World Championships.

The 45-year-old, who beat Larry Butler 4-0 in round two, is top of the BDO rankings after a successful 2015.
"I'd rather be favourite. When I was the outsider, nobody was interested.

"Maybe I have got a target on my back but since winning the World Masters, everything's gone really well, so bring them on," he told BBC Sport
Martin Adams and Jeffrey de Graaf, who were seeded second and third respectively at Lakeside, were beaten in the first round.

But Middlesbrough's Durrant said he has not been affected by other leading contenders making shock exits from the tournament, adding: "The seeds have gone in the bottom half of the draw.

"Everything's gone as planned in the top half of the draw, so who I thought I'd be playing is still on.

"It's the bottom half, people like Scott Mitchell and Jeff Smith, who will be licking their lips."

Durrant recovered from a narrow World Championship semi-final defeat by Adams 12 months ago to win six ranking titles last year.

"My confidence is sky high," he continued. "I'm in the quarter-finals at Lakeside - that's what we practice for, why we play local leagues, county darts and the tour. I'm in a great place."
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I see he has decided to stay at BDO if he wins too.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How many have said that lol.
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Still fancy Jeff Smith to go all the way !...j.d.
(01-08-2016, 11:36 AM)NiteEyez Wrote: How many have said that lol.

Yeah but my point is he had previously said if he wins he would switch to the PDC now he is saying if he wins he will stay, don't think he knows what he wants ?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glen Durrant Interview (30-Oct-2018) Banz 13 1,266 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Little al
Star Durrant to the PDC Fred-180 27 4,695 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Glen Durrant announcement katsu 17 8,094 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: The G
  Interview with former women's world number one Deta Hedman! Dartsweb 2 548 01-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Last Post: denisska180
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,326 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Glen Durrant Staying At The BDO Getagrip 10 2,236 01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: LesWallace180