Harrows Darts.

Practice Partners
The concept is to push each other into improved performance and better form.

What would be the routines and games?

Soooooooooo .. used to solitary practice.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
I always have 1 hour - 90mins practise before a match with me brother as we get there earlier than the rest of the team.

He is miles better than me and at first it hammered my confidence getting snotted all the time off him, in fact it got so low I thought about quitting, but on my own at home I was still doing OK so I just kept at it.

Now, although he still beats me I take the odd leg here and there and thats enough to give me the boost for me match, remember the good darts forget the bad ones, I am catching him slowly (or is he dropping to my level Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

Personally I think practising with someone is more fun, have a chat, a drink and simulates a match (break between throw, etc) but solitary practise in my experience will do you more good in the long run.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sorry, I just re-read your post Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

We just play 501, either first to 7 legs or first to 3 sets (3 legs per set).

Then follow that with a few games of round the clock (Round twice 1-20, hit a double you double and add 1 - so a D2 you go to 5, double 4 you jump to 9, a double 9 you got to 19 etc, finish on your first double and bull). Lowest darts possible for this is 12 - D1, 3, D4, 9, D10, D1, 3, D4, 9, D10, D1, BULL.

Start by getting you scoring going and then have half hour brushing up your doubles and BULL. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

In fact just off out now for a game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-06-2016, 06:44 PM)Grey Owl Wrote: The concept is to push each other into improved performance and better form.

We usually start with around the clock singles and doubles - followed by doubles practice 80 out (start at 80 9 darts between us to checkout, up by 20 on success and down by 1 on failure) until we reach 170 or better

single set of format

best of 5 301
best of 5 501
and best of 5 cricket sets
(01-06-2016, 07:27 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: 170 or better

Am I missing something here?
180's in 2016 so far - 29
180's in 2015 . - 119

Highest out this year. - 117
Highest out 2015  - 170

Highest Checkout - Practice 170,Match 152

Best 501 - Practice 10 darts,Match 13 darts

Darts used - Red dragon Invicta 97
(01-06-2016, 07:37 PM)Daithi Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 07:27 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: 170 or better

Am I missing something here?

Not sure, but say we checkout 80 next target would be 100 - if we miss , down to 99 etc -- assume we are at 152 - if we check that out we would be at 172 and we would stop the drill at that point -

perhaps if you're a better player you could go further - that's just our target
(01-06-2016, 06:44 PM)Grey Owl Wrote: The concept is to push each other into improved performance and better form.

You need to play something that has consequences to not playing well.  Find someone of equal skill/better and bet money on each game/set/match.

That being said, I know that better form leads to better performance, but you cannot guarantee that better performance means better form.  You may win every game, but stab/snatch/pull most of your shots....
A former teammate and I get together at least once, sometimes twice, a week and throw between 1 1/2 - 2 hours and we play best of three 301 DI/DO, Best of three Cricket and if he wins one set and I win the other, we play 1 game of 501 straight start, double out for the decider.  We'll do this for no less than 3 rounds of each.

Sometimes when were done with about 3 sets of each, we'll start at 170 and see how many darts it takes to erase it.   I also have a can with wooden tiles like Scrabble tiles numbered 40-100 and we'll each pick a tile and have to take out whatever number we have in as few darts as possible. Everything can be taken out in 2 darts with the exception of 40 only needing one dart and 99 needing all 3.

Every once in a great while we'll just toss at doubles in rotation 1 - 20 and see how long that takes.

A long time ago I'd play on Fridays in a bar and we'd get several players and each put up $1 and play 101 DI/DO and the winner takes the money------one tie, all tie and ante up again and have another go at it.   Another good money game is Shanghai where you throw the 1-9 each taking turns in rotation.  All players first throw at the 1 and move on to the next number and the first person to Shanghai a bed takes the money.   The only number the Shanghai didn't count was on the 1.    Again, we played this one tie, all tie and ante up and go again.
(01-06-2016, 07:42 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Not sure, but say we checkout 80 next target would be 100 - if we miss , down to 99 etc -- assume we are at 152 - if we check that out we would be at 172 and we would stop the drill at that point -

perhaps if you're a better player you could go further - that's just our target

Apologys, I never noticed the part where you said 9 darts to finish. I was here thinking you were trying to take out 170+ in 3. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. That's what I get now trying to feed the baby and browse the forum at the same time. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180's in 2016 so far - 29
180's in 2015 . - 119

Highest out this year. - 117
Highest out 2015  - 170

Highest Checkout - Practice 170,Match 152

Best 501 - Practice 10 darts,Match 13 darts

Darts used - Red dragon Invicta 97
there is a guy on my team that lives across the street from me and we practice together once a week or so and we have a few games that we play.

one is called 61 out. you start at 61 as an out. first player throws and if he cant get out then he tries to leave an out for the partner. if you get the out then you go up 10 and if you miss you go down 1. so if you hit 61 then the next target would be 71 and if you miss 61 then the next target would be 60. this is really a singles game that I found on an app I downloaded but its really good practice if you have someone that you play with a lot or play with in matches. you can start at whatever number you feel comfortable with but the way we do it is that if we fail x number of times in a row then we start over. usually its like 5 or so.

this next one is basically 5 strikes and the beauty of it is that you can use it in a variety of different ways. the basic concept is that you both start out with 0 strikes and if you lose you get a strike. when you get your 5th strike the game is over. but we use this in a ton of different ways and usually we cork for the first game and winner calls out the rules. the real game is where the first player has to beat a 25 score and the next player has to beat the score of the first player, and so on. so if I scored 30 then he would have to beat 30. if he gets 72 then I have to beat 72. whoever cant do it gets a strike. the next game we might play the same game but with only cricket numbers counting, or we might say that only triples count or something like that. its fun because everyone has some strengths and everyone has some weaknesses so when you call games based on your opponents weakness and they do the same for you then only helps the both of you.

MC