Harrows Darts.

Deflectagrip shafts / color vs durability
I was wandering about plain cheap nylon deflectagrip shafts, so i had to ask...

Does color affect the durability of the shaft?

I have heard from friends that plain black nylon deflectagrip shafts last longer that blue/red/orange/ orwhatever color ones. 
They say it has something to do with the way the plastic is dyed.

Not being able to test the theory myself, since i don't have shafts in various colors readily available, i was wandering if you could enlighten me.

In your experience, are dyed nylon deflectagrip shafts less durable than black ones?
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."
I disagree with solid colors. I've had every color and they all seemed equal.

Only thing I ever noticed was some clear/opaque stems seem to be way more brittle than solid colors. My friend played with black Target Pro Grips for a year and then one night switched to the clear Pro Grips....broke all 3 in one night. I hear a lot of the same stories with other clear stems. Never with solid colors though.
Agree with the clear/bubble type. They break all the time and I have gone off them. The worst for me was the proplast one80 and the harrows supergrip. They both look great but broke very easily. I'm now onto solid plain black pro grip.

As for the colours of plain stems, I doubt there would be much of any difference. But hey, I could be wrong lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i see, so solid colors should be ok.

any experience with two-tone shafts vs durability ?

i would presume they should be better than most clear/bubble type but maybe a tad worse than solid colors ?
Any stem with a clear part seem to be more brittle than solid colour stems, & as the clear part is usually at the flight end, so find they more often than not fail around the end of the flight slot I also think that deflectagrip stems from different makers are advertised in a generic term as there are no makers stamp & the tiny bubble on the flight end differs, a batch i bought were almost a rubbery type plastic/nylon, but some other sets the material was much more brittle. Having said that they are as cheap as chips, so replacing them is less eye watering on opening one's wallet
I found that solid colours are spot on. No issues with them. I tried the spiroline stems at one point but found them awful. Flight kept popping of and they were super brittle.
Dart  - 23G Red Dragon Scorpions
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

24G Red Dragon Lethal Magic
25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

About the Deflectagrip shafts, they all last almost forever, but I've only had white, black and blue.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cant go wrong with deflectagrip ,,,,,if you can see a air bubble in it including clear color shaded stems,,,"stay away",,,,, Like others have said ,,, the sold color deflectagrip shafts almost feel like hard rubber compared to the "see through" of any of the other brands ,,,,Target,,, Harrows,,, Cosmo,,,,ect,,,,,,,and like others have said they are dirt cheap,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After some experimentation, i think that apart of the shaft 's own durability it makes a major difference if you punch your flights or not.

After starting punching my flights, i have been using a set of Unicorn orange Gripper 2 shafts and they still hold their ground after almost a month of use, maybe more.

Also a set of Unicorn's mirage shafts (which are of the clear/bubble type) also lasted for weeks before being destroyed after the 5th robin-hood.

So after all, color seems to have little to do with it...if you punch your flights you can squeeze more life out of your shafts. Remember to replace your rings after the 1st robin-hood though
I think clear shafts feel like there made with a harder plastic/nylon or whatever you wanna call it so when there hit there not as flexible and break easier

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the color of your stems and flights really make a difference? *Saber* 53 14,842 09-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Puredarts Deflectagrip Nylon Jakke 2 690 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jakke