Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

360° Dartboard Lighting - Buy or DIY?
Hi Nutz,

looking into a decent Lighting for my Board i wondered if there are any DIY Solutions around?

I stumbled across several Products wich are ready to Order, the Target Vision, Home-Pro and the Circumlumithingy.
Not that those Options aren´t tempting, i am quite on Budget for the next Months .

Looking into DIY. So are there DIY Ideas using LED Bands and Hacking other Household Stuff to house them?

Cheers,
Markus
Be interesting to see what others think. I'm looking to possibly do my own but I'm not exactly tech-savvy  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Me too.

lurking around at Home i found some leftover PVC sheets and a 2m LED Band.
I just started a DIY Try, mostly to justify the Order of a Target or Home-Pro Lighting i guess. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guess it depends how good your skills are at making stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Few wire coat hangers a plastic hula hoop and some led lights i recon you could knock somthing up
DIY. It's much less expensive.

I had a design in mind, before the 360 was announced, that nearly matches it. Right now, I'm just working on mounting it and will probably replace the LEDs with the next step up in brightness. When it's finished, I'll post pictures.

I have the lights mounted on a 23 inch quilting hoop. It seemed to be the easiest way to get something that circumference. The 360 is a little wider.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
One more Question,
there are surround that say "only for Winmau" and others "all Boards but Winmau".
Are Winmau smaller or bigger than other Boards?

Does the Target 360 Lighting fit a Winmau Board as it sits snag fit between the Target Board and the Surround?
So i managed to spend some Time on the Topic and i seems to work pretty well.
Nice Brightness, evenly lit, no Shadows.

Just a quick Pic lying on the Floor. (Warning: Lots of Duct Tape, Zip Ties and ancient Dart Equipment involved)

What is all that camo stuff?

Looks pretty good to me

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-08-2016, 10:51 AM)Getagrip Wrote: What is all that camo stuff?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. This is just our Carpet in the Living Room.
Here is another Picture beeing somehow finished.
It works and gives a decent bright and Shadow Free Light but i heve not build a solid mounting for it.
It´s just hanging from the Ceiling with 2 Hooks and some Fishing Line.

Nevertheless i will replace it with Targets 360 as soon as it is Back in Stock.

looks really good though, I don't think you need the 360 looking at that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You just need a way to fix it to the wall.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How far away from the board is it hung? Looks good though. But if you hit it does it swing or is it up against the board?
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Very nice set up I am jealous lol. Seriously though it looks like a really nice set up.
It is about 20cm away. Whats that in inches? Eight?
I haven´t hit it yet, but i push against it sometimes when i pick up my Darts from the Board. It swings, but just a few Seconds.

(02-11-2016, 07:12 PM)kevmode Wrote: Very nice set up I am jealous lol. 

Don´t be. It´s just a Board on a Board and some Carpet underneath. Nothing fancy.

(02-11-2016, 07:12 PM)kevmode Wrote: Seriously though it looks like a really nice set up.

Thanks Mate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting Chads2478 2 193 11-13-2020, 05:46 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  unicorn solar flare lighting squerly 3 248 07-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Scolia - scoring, lighting and analytics system mc1958 59 7,296 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Last Post: codo180
  Solar flare lighting Chris Smith 3 366 08-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  diy board lighting for 14 euros! Panos Limperidiss 7 1,098 08-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Panos Limperidiss
  Target Corona Vision Lighting System Equalizer 10 1,618 01-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Home pro lighting problems Alex 4 1,238 02-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lighting Issues Jamesr4300 16 2,336 02-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Cat
  DΙΥ lighting surround copigme 10 3,236 05-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Lighting for online darts Cankles of Fury 19 5,300 04-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Last Post: 0ldjoblo