Harrows Darts.

Puma Galactic Zenith 24 gram
I just got these in from Darts Warehouse in New Zealand and they've impressed me enough to write my first review. Despite having a name which sounds like an experimental sci-fi film, 'Galactic Zenith' are a quality set of darts and exactly what I was looking for. They're 90% tungsten and come in 22, 24, and 26 gram weights - these are the 24 gram. These are a new release from Puma who, as you may know, are the same company who manufacture the Shot! darts ranges. Here are the darts as they come in the packaging with the supplied set-up - some ali stems and 150 micron flights :

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The supplied flights and stems will probably end up in a box with all the others i'll never use   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. here are some shots of them fitted with my preferred set-up - tweenie stems and smaller standard 'shape' flights:

I've always liked micro grip and with these it covers the entire barrel - there are also six bands of what Puma calls 'tri-ridge' grip which is useful as it provides datum points for being able to grip the darts with consistency. The micro/ghost grip is identical to the LP grip which Unicorn uses on some of their sets - (cont.):
I like the look of those actually, and that name is swaying it for me lol!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(cont.)

The darts come fitted with fairly long 32mm (from barrel) points and are drilled out at the back to a depth of 15mm so they're obviously a front-weighted dart:

I don't have scales to weigh the darts but these are the dimensions provided by Puma:

22 gram : Length 42mm Diameter 6.2mm
24 gram : Length 44.2mm Diameter 7.9mm
26 gram : Length 45.9mm Diameter 7.5mm

Here they are fitted with short, tweenie, and medium stems :

This is my grip with these darts :

These are a very similar weight and shape to what I usually throw so I pretty much knew they'd be right for me - here's my darts 'evolution' - form left to right - Bulls Champion/Whitlock 25g, Shot 805 25g, Bulls Grenade 25g, Unicorn Kyle Anderson 23g, Winmau Hi-Impact 2 25g, Puma's :

In summary I'm very happy with these - they have a medium level grip between a 3/4 and flew nicely once I'd found my range :

If I ever went down the route of getting customs made they'd probably look something like these Puma's Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  - also excellent service from dartswarehouse - free shipping and took just over a week to arrive - they cost $65 US so just over 40 quid. I'll definitely be ordering from them again, probably the new Shot John Weber darts - I'll post another review when I get them. If you fancy a set head on over to here, Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.:
https://www.dartswarehouse.com/darts/gal...enith.html
Intriguing Grip pattern along the Barrel there. Those raised apex's along with the Micro-grip look a great combination.

Cheers for sharing.
+1 for your review too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-04-2016, 04:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I like the look of those actually, and that name is swaying it for me lol!
(01-04-2016, 04:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: +1 for your review too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Darren - yeah these manufacturers keep coming up with daft over-the-top names for new darts which don't have a pro-player endorsing them  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-04-2016, 04:32 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Intriguing Grip pattern along the Barrel there. Those raised apex's along with the Micro-grip look a great combination.

Cheers for sharing.
The micro-grip covering the entire barrel works well RD - its a medium grip which doesn't feel too sticky and the darts release nice and easy - the raised apex rings are good for finding a consistent grip position with these  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review thanks.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Great review Carlin - they sure have an interesting grip. How are they flying for you?

+1 from me as well  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-05-2016, 07:12 PM)rich345 Wrote: Great review thanks.

(01-06-2016, 12:33 AM)Nucky Wrote: Great review Carlin - they sure have an interesting grip. How are they flying for you?

+1 from me as well  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks guys  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. yeah, they're flying really well Nucky - I'm going to stick with these - I've been throwing with this shape of dart for years and the grip on these feels perfect - I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to buying darts though and can't resist buying new sets, especially with this shape  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I've just ordered these from the new Red Dragon releases :

Very good review and a nice looking set of darts you got there
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puma Plus Robbie Phillips 18gm Soft Tip Darts Review Arkatek 2 1,855 02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85