Darts Buddy

Changing grip
Hi I am seriously thinking about changing my grip . For very simple reason ,I cant grip darts lightly . So they are fishtailing a lot and I have problem releasing them
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
use spears
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

New darts will come in then I will be using spears
180-1(33)

I had a similar issue and tried a longer stem which solved my fish tail
(01-04-2016, 03:22 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I had a similar issue and tried a longer stem which solved my fish tail
Yes with short stems I see it getting worse .So this is good advice.
180-1(33)

Well it worked for me. Problem is I have a zillion short stems now
send them to majeek
180-1(33)

(01-04-2016, 11:40 AM)Troll Wrote: Hi I am seriously thinking about changing my grip . For very simple reason ,I cant grip darts lightly . So they are fishtailing a lot and I have problem releasing them

Keep the darts pointed at the target when you throw.
(01-05-2016, 12:34 AM)BigE Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 11:40 AM)Troll Wrote: Hi I am seriously thinking about changing my grip . For very simple reason ,I cant grip darts lightly . So they are fishtailing a lot and I have problem releasing them

Keep the darts pointed at the target when you throw.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. pmsl Big E.
Troll, have you ever tried throwing a smooth barreled dart?

Something like a Winmau Ted Hankey in the polished tungsten color (not the dark gray). I think they only cost 20-25 quid too...very cheap for a pro dart.

They actually have a lot of grip because they use your fingerprints as a sort of tire tread....you have to throw them to understand.

If you can't throw with a light grip, they might be a good choice since there is nothing for your fingers to catch on during release.
If I remember, you like light darts...they make them in 14g and 21g.

I threw 14g for a long time and loved them. People would borrow them and want to buy them from me because they couldn't believe how easy they were to throw/actually had decent grip.

Other smooth dart options are Target Buntings and Unicorn Terry Jenkins.
I have Jenkins
180-1(33)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing your grip GT50 6 696 07-18-2019, 01:38 AM
Last Post: GT50
  Changing Grip - your experiances. Double Jeopardy 3 681 04-24-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Changing grip Bob dart 6 853 11-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Bob dart
  Darts grip constantly changing Mattb0612 9 1,959 01-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: belly