Shot Darts

In Search of the perfect Bristle Board for Converted Softtips
Hi Nutz,

I need your knowledge to choose my new Bristle Board.

At Home i play with Steel Tip converted SoftTip Arrows.
As they are, at around 18/19g, lighter than the regular Steel Tips i am looking for a Board to suit them them.

I bought my last Board around 1995 so I did a bit of websearch over the last Days
and ended at the "Blade4 Dual Core".
Beeing softer on the outside lighter Darts may enter more easy.

Good Choice? Better Boards out there? Just stay with Plasic Boards? Quit Darts?

Any Advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Markus
Ayup Markus

Don't think you can go wrong with the winmau board.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good Choice. Best Board on the Planet in my opinion. Perfect density for what you are searching for. It does come with the most expensive price tag for a board. The Blade 4 ( non dual-core ) is a fine alternative, will give the desired Sisal need you're after. Just not as excellent as the Dual-core.

Could even try a Nodor Supamatch 2, they utilise the same construction technique as Winmau, and in the same price bracket as the standard Blade 4.
Literally everyone is going to say Winmau Blade 4 (it is a fine board, mind Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.) so I say: get a Shot! Bandit. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

In all seriousness, B4 or B4DC is the way to go - can't fault it! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I play all the time with a guy who uses extremely light brass soft tip barrels with conversion points. He plays league all over town on all sorts of boards -- B4, Shot Bandit, Unicorn, and some that are much junkier, and he's never spoken of having a problem.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Yeah B4DC is very good and my favourite, it just pips the G2 as the best, but if you want a soft board I thought the Eclipse Pro was nice and soft.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

At home I play on a regular Blade 4 with my normal soft tip set up (no conversion points).
Great board with very few bounce outs.
I play on a Blade4 with soft tips ALL the time. It greatly increases the life of my dart board plus I just enjoy using a soft tip dart over a steel tip. Just remember, with any board rotation is key to lifespan. When you get a new board make sure you rotate often. Don't just batter the treble 20 until it shows signs of wear. Rotate that thing every COUPLE OF DAYS. Sisal is a natural fiber and needs time to "heal" itself. If you batter a segment it won't heal correctly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sisal/Bristle dart board with Soft Tip dimensions JerseyJon 2 254 02-05-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: JerseyJon
  Anyone using the Prodigy D9000W Electronic Bristle Dartboard? Cloud 9 4 886 12-09-2020, 01:27 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Rainbow About old bristle dartboard made in england Ugur38 16 943 03-26-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Ugur38
  E-bristle Board Celtic Dragon 4 696 11-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Shane A Fowler
  Nodor 70's bristle board Musher 0 708 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Musher
  [US] Massdrop Poll For Bristle Dart Boards - Please Vote KingViper 9 2,947 02-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Last Post: andjayik
  Custom Made Bristle Dart Board syow25 3 3,472 04-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: mc1958