Target Darts.

The Harrows I.C.E saga (darts suggestions please)
So I'm new to throwing darts regularly as I have just managed to get a board up in my house a month ago. 

I've been using a set of Winmau Mervyn King 24g and thought they we're pretty decent. So Christmas comes and I'd finally got so distraught with my girlfriend throwing my darts anywhere but in the board, I got her a set of 21g Harrows ICE.

I obviously had a quick throw with them and I'm much better with them than the MKings. I think they are balanced better for my grip, I get better grouping with them and I just enjoy them more!

With darts I always seem to grip them where the balance point is and the 21g ICE have a grip right at that point so its like a guide for my finger placement too! My only complaint is that I think an extra gram on them would make them perfect for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I have a very light grip, thumb and second finger do the gripping, first and third are just guides, soft hands so don't need the knurls (like real workers do). when I pull the dart back I roll it down my thumb the back up to the position above to release with a flick of the wrist towards the board.

So I'm ultimately wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a dart that is 22g that would match the 21g ICE in shape and balance as this could be my holy grail. 
The best I can see that will keep me supporting UK darts manufacturers is the Harrows Aura 22gR and from the review https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8227 the balance point looks like my cup of tea along with the grip placement.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. but I'm worried I'm going to order some up and they wont be as suited to me!

Any suggestions welcome and thank you for your time ladies and gents  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Could you add weight to your ICE? If its drilled out enough? You can use tungsten putty or lead.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...sten+putty
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ahh the pursuit of the 'perfect dart'...

If you find it after two sets then well done my friend, I'm up to about 70 sets I have and having swapped out countless others since joining here and I've had at least 20 perfect sets in that lot!!

My advice is use eBay and the BSS on here and just enjoy trying new arrers at reduced costs
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think I'm being a tight arse with money too not wanting to endlessly spend on trying new darts. I don't have any kind of social groups to try other peoples which would be good! Darts is a cheap hobby in comparison to sports like golf and polo so I'm just going to order those and if they are crap I'll see if the GF will wear them as earrings!

I do like the sound of that putty too so I'll check that as well. The GF wont notice mild modifications  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Although she may wonder why I have a set of scales more associated with weighing drugs out. 

The endless pursuit begins  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers for the advice!
Hi Awrah welcome to the Nutz!

I don't think the aura will be the same as the Ice If thats what you are looking for.

I actually have those ICE darts in soft tip and gold coated when they were called vortex gold. They were the first set I actually used socially but also for me they were a little too light feeling so went for something 1g or 2g heavier.

I actually found that more of a bullet shape (phase 5 style) worked best for me so maybe that could work for you? Heres a couple of links of darts you could have a look at, also get your post count up to 50 and you can start trading in the buy, sell, swap area of the forum. Any darts you try you can put up for swap there (or sale) if you dont get on with them and maybe someone has something else you are interested in trying.

First I'll post links to Harrows darts as you have shown an interest in them lol

Here is a bullet shape by Harrows' new line atomic...
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/harrows-new-...c-22g.html

Or Harrows retina also from their new range
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/harrows-new-...c-22g.html

But I think if you want a dart very similar to the ice but slightly heavier the whitlocks from last season are almost identical I think but with a bit more grip and of course the extra gram...
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/winmau-simon...22gms.html

Good luck with your search! these were just some ideas, have a look through their darts and maybe something grabs you if none of these darts I linked you to do.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You could always try a dart that has grip all along the barrel too, something like the Purist Taylor style grip
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virtual Darts suggestions... DagrDart 2 277 03-26-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: DagrDart
  Dart suggestions or anyone using these Hazza 5 546 11-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Dart suggestions please..... LordWotsit 3 598 05-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  Suggestions for my grip style Dads3sons 4 577 02-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Dads3sons
  I would like your suggestions Zulu Ninja 12 1,525 12-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Zulu Ninja