Harrows Darts.

barrel weight in soft tip darts
Been playing the local soft tip league a couple years now.   For this year they raised the (total) weight limit of the darts to 20gm.  Every one I throw with got heavier darts and said this is much better due to straighter flight path to the board.  I am still throwing the 18gm (total) weight set I started with and still real happy with them. 

So my question is, does the weight make that much difference or not when it comes to soft tip darts?
Thanks
(12-29-2015, 11:40 PM)schook Wrote: Been playing the local soft tip league a couple years now.   For this year they raised the (total) weight limit of the darts to 20gm.  Every one I throw with got heavier darts and said this is much better due to straighter flight path to the board.  I am still throwing the 18gm (total) weight set I started with and still real happy with them. 

So my question is, does the weight make that much difference or not when it comes to soft tip darts?
Thanks

depends how you throw
if you have a loft or arc not going to help much
fast, straight thrower might help a little
it's nice if you find a barrel from japan and it's 17.5 gr you can use it without going over the limit
imo it just gives you more options
if a guy cant beat me with 18 's he is not going to do with 20's
but over time the 20's may be better with his style , and he starts getting better with them
have you ever seen a great shooter with 12 gr bar darts ? i have , smh
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

OK Thanks,
Guess I will borrow a set or two and do some experimenting.
(12-30-2015, 04:20 PM)schook Wrote: OK Thanks,
Guess I will borrow a set or two and do some experimenting.

Most soft tip darts are drilled pretty deep. Try experimenting with your own darts (as you're more likely to be used to them) and use added weights via tungsten putty, lead or even heavier shafts/flights.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...sten+putty
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Check the pros - they use varied weights in soft tip too so I guess if you are on a budget re soft tip points - go get the lighter ones. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Personal preference.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael Smith darts (weight) Spangle 8 619 11-15-2020, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Corrosion
  Why not more darts with smooth transition from tip to barrel? Michaelinpr 24 1,109 10-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Converting Steel Tip Barrel to 2BA Soft Tip Ehudakineyah 6 1,003 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Adding weight to darts. DanC.Licks 6 2,266 01-21-2018, 10:01 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  Wayne Mardle 501 soft tip 20gr, barrel weight? Shroker 14 2,553 05-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Last Post: philliesricky
  darts with a step at the rear of barrel barbelmaster 7 2,093 12-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Last Post: zanellan