Target Darts.

Have I thrown the most different sets of darts in the world?
I wonder?

Was just wondering this to myself after thinking of the darts players who switch darts a lot.  I cant imagine a Pro player would have tried so many different sets, may be a person who works in the industry who tests them has but then they would only be from a specific make.

I know there is people out there who have been into darts for longer than me but have they thrown as many different sets?

Could be someone out there who has, so come forward if you think you have it would be nice to hear from you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I could see Pro's trying all kinds of sets especially if you have access to any dart that your company produces, you go to your sponsor and there's a wall of darts there i could see them just grabbing different stuff to try
Oh and a bit of info, the last set that I marked in my book of darts was set number 1476 which was on 19th November last year, I have not marked in any more as the book was full and I just could not be pestered to catalogue them in the book, but I have marked little bits of paper with each set, so all the darts I have had since that date have not been added to that total. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Made me think there Darren, maybe a long time dart shop employee/addict but not sure anyone else as older players tend to stick to one set.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I think with must players from years gone it was easier to stick to one set as the internet has made swapping and buying darts so much easier and cheaper. But I figure there must be some old time collector out there that has more and seen more, but they are probably of an age now where they are not into things like the net and posting about there collection, I think we have a lot of collectors but mostly from the last 10 to 20 years, there must be someone who has been going for far longer?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I agree with Chris, it would have to be someone who owned or worked at a dart shop for 20 plus years
You're specialty is to review darts for the public. That's your job. I doubt anyone has thrown as many different sets as you in the last few years. Not even close.
Well maybe Peter Wright... isn't he on model 2213345 of his signature dart now?
in the last 2years i must be in the top 3 ?! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Yea I don't know how you guys ever settle on a favorite set. I love throwing all different darts and can never say one is my favorite and I blame the internet for it. If not for your love of darts I'd never have found half the darts I have and the reviews are just awesome.
Darren, just curious do you have a favorite set? Or did you answer that in the Q & A two weeks ago?
(12-21-2015, 06:16 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I agree with Chris, it would have to be someone who owned or worked at a dart shop for 20 plus years

Yeah I know one guy who may fit that bill, I think they have had a shop from the early 70's but not sure if they would try every dart they have sold, its possible though.

(12-21-2015, 06:32 PM)Cyanide Wrote: You're specialty is to review darts for the public. That's your job. I doubt anyone has thrown as many different sets as you in the last few years. Not even close.

Probably in the last few years I guess Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-21-2015, 06:39 PM)davidsproull Wrote: Well maybe Peter Wright... isn't he on model 2213345 of his signature dart now?

LOL he is one pro who may come close Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-21-2015, 06:52 PM)Spartan Wrote: in the last 2years i must be in the top 3 ?! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well you swap a lot so that is another possibility Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-21-2015, 06:00 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think with must players from years gone it was easier to stick to one set as the internet has made swapping and buying darts so much easier and cheaper.  But I figure there must be some old time collector out there that has more and seen more, but they are probably of an age now where they are not into things like the net and posting about there collection, I think we have a lot of collectors but mostly from the last 10 to 20 years, there must be someone who has been going for far longer?

I've been playing darts for approx. 47yrs. and have had a few sets but nothing like as many as you have ! Back in 'the day' we had no internet and Tungsten darts were expensive so most players tended to swap with other players that you would meet in League games or at competitions etc. True that most players also used to stick to the one set, in fact I was like that too until I discovered this forum ! You guys have cost me many $$$ lol...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL yeah sorry about that, Larry said he will pay everyone back, just send him a PM with your total Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I would say John Baxter has tried more sets
I think you must be up there because of the total amount of different darts thrown. Even a pro signed to a dart company may try out a few sets similar to his own preference but would hardly try completely different type darts.
I'd say dart shops would try and avoid having demo sets (unless the companies supply them FOC) as it would be expensive.  Otherwise a dart nut working in a dart shop would give you a run for your money!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst feeling setup you've thrown . Rolaball 37 3,322 08-23-2021, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ZoenHofland
  How many sets of darts for travel? Drum 8 195 08-23-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Papa w
  How many sets of darts do you own? Joe Darts 258 36,294 01-28-2021, 02:41 AM
Last Post: LegoArmo
  Having 2 Sets of Darts Set Up? DAVEISTHENAME 10 557 12-31-2020, 03:33 AM
Last Post: homergoalie
  2 sets of darts for practise GONKO 14 641 09-06-2019, 04:55 AM
Last Post: JB_Fraser
  One80 Darts: New website (+ 2 new sets) vanJupp 10 1,301 11-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Best Darts You've Ever Thrown ? Rolaball 58 7,688 03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Verheyen
  Anyone Ever Thrown G-Force Fitton Darts? portsetonloyal 7 1,373 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: portsetonloyal
  Questions to those who own or have thrown Thorntons (long post) Berlin180 17 2,124 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neil
  Best Player(s) you have personally thrown against ks99dime 14 2,373 01-24-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: bkbum