Shot Darts

Here's my advice.
This strictly pertains to the compitition I play against. If you can hit three fat numbers when you play cricket, you'd win more matches than not. Most players ain't hitting over 3 MPR. 

You can talk strategy all night, but hitting 3 in the fat will win you most games. We ain't playing Taylor.
Agree completely.  Know your opponent and your own limitations.  It's great when triples get me the win but plugging along in the fat just sneaks up on the competition sometimes.  And not missing makes you look like a machine which takes the wind out of your opponents sails pretty quickly.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Great advice for newbies!
Agree. I tell people this often.

Triples are glorious but so many T19 turn into T7s or T3s.
If you can consistent hit the fat pies every time, you will go far in amateur/middle league darts.

There have been so many games where the other team had the lead, just needed to close a 15/16, try to get fancy and go for a triple or double, and miss 2/3. That open chance just gives me incentive to crush that number.

But yeah, CONSISTENT 3 simple marks or scoring 60 per round on 501 will get your places.
Good advice i'm sure someone will copy & paste something from a website to argue your point lol
(12-20-2015, 07:14 AM)Chardotz Wrote: This strictly pertains to the compitition I play against. If you can hit three fat numbers when you play cricket, you'd win more matches than not. Most players ain't hitting over 3 MPR. 

You can talk strategy all night, but hitting 3 in the fat will win you most games. We ain't playing Taylor.

Who are you to give advice?  You go for a triple EVERYTIME, then lose to an opponent that is scoring 2.1 mpr.
There was a fairly large soft tip here where I live and to be fair, not many players avg over 3.0mpr.

Here's over 15+ league stats to look at. Not many super hero's. Most are below 3.0mpr https://stanton-automatics.com/darts/ind...gs-search/
This advice sucks even if don`t suck
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-20-2015, 07:46 PM)Troll Wrote: This advice sucks even if don`t suck

The original poster is a moron. I go for triples wether they open or not. No glory in fat numbers.
(12-21-2015, 01:26 AM)Chardotz Wrote: The original poster is a moron. I go for triples wether they open or not. No glory in fat numbers.

If I need three marks to close and win the game I just leave 2 darts on the bar. I only need one dart so I only take one dart. For me even having the extra 2 darts on hand is a show of weakness.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(12-21-2015, 02:02 AM)Banz Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 01:26 AM)Chardotz Wrote: The original poster is a moron. I go for triples wether they open or not. No glory in fat numbers.

If I need three marks to close and win the game I just leave 2 darts on the bar.  I only need one dart so I only take one dart.  For me even having the extra 2 darts on hand is a show of weakness.

That's what I'm talking about. Who cares that I need 1 19 to win. 3 treble 7's are more impressive to the ladies, right?