Harrows Darts.

COSMO Shafts - STRENGTH Torture and Lab Tests
I remember that there were many posts about the durability of Cosmo Fit shafts, with some experiencing no breakages and sometimes many. Wasn't quite sure which shafts as it seems from this video that there are the normal shafts, and the Gear shafts, which appear to be more durable.

Also, the video shows you lab breakage tests of different models (slow descent), as well as a 'torture test' of the Fit Carbon (6:25). Ignore the video title at top left as this was likely a press release of the Carbon shafts.

Just thought you might find this interesting.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I had some Fit Shaft Gear and had two of them break from a floor impact.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Carbon is a lot stronger than first imagined them to be. I was wondering why the points were so bent up at first then the demonstration began and the abuse that followed. If only I had a few extra dollars?
(12-19-2015, 03:10 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I had some Fit Shaft Gear and had two of them break from a floor impact.

Yeah, I have heard about that, but if the plastic is supposed to be flexible, it should take a lot more bounce-outs, no? One possible theory is the speed and angle of the impact, i.e., some materials react differently at different speeds. 

(12-19-2015, 05:00 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Carbon is a lot stronger than first imagined them to be. I was wondering why the points were so bent up at first then the demonstration began and the abuse that followed. If only I had a few extra dollars?

Maybe they were pre-abused?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosmo Carbon Shafts Dmott 57 19,321 10-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Geordie84
  Cosmo shafts weak Ed180 23 2,808 07-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Ed180
  Cosmo shafts P Money 19 3,274 01-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Last Post: theblindPew
  Cosmo FIT Super Duralumin SLIM Shafts released Ancient Darter 5 3,543 05-26-2016, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter